What's up Florida? - The Planted Tank Forum
 15Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 02:49 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Mattb126's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 465
What's up Florida?

Is anyone still here? The Florida section seems kinda quiet.

If anyone's here share pictures of your tanks and what you're​ interested in, let's get the Florida section going again!

Sent from my Moto Z using Tapatalk
Mattb126 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 03:52 AM
Planted Member
 
Monrankim's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb126 View Post
Is anyone still here? The Florida section seems kinda quiet.

If anyone's here share pictures of your tanks and what you're​ interested in, let's get the Florida section going again!

Sent from my Moto Z using Tapatalk


We are in Saint Petersburg. Our tanks are about to be re-scape'd so by no means are these out "ta-da" pics, just where they are at now. They are transitioning over from low tech to high and some new species will be introduced and some things need to be cut back. Right now they are jungles. But it's not always about the destination but rather the journey. Always a work in progress.

Projects

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Monrankim; 03-24-2017 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Change photo
Monrankim is offline  
post #3 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 04:00 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Mattb126's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monrankim View Post


We are in Saint Petersburg. Our tanks are about to be re-scape'd so by no means are these out "ta-da" pics, just where they are at now. They are transitioning over from low tech to high and some new species will be introduced and some things need to be cut back. Right now they are jungles. But it's not always about the destination but rather the journey. Always a work in progress.
Beautiful tanks, I love the angels, and that ram is the most beautiful I've​ seen!

Sent from my Moto Z using Tapatalk
Mattb126 is offline  
 
post #4 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 04:27 AM
Planted Member
 
Monrankim's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb126 View Post
Beautiful tanks, I love the angels, and that ram is the most beautiful I've​ seen!

Sent from my Moto Z using Tapatalk
Thanks very much! I'll tell you this, these fish have personality. The Ram is very fun to watch and the Angels are a breeding pair. One week they are peaceful chasing the little fish on occasion and the next week they are doing their quasi-fighting mating rituals and then they are gaurding eggs. No luck on successful breeding yet, it's just not the right environment for it being a community tank

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Projects

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Monrankim is offline  
post #5 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 01:50 PM
Planted Member
 
EmeraldAlkaline's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 193
Ill definitely share once my 20 gallon is set up! I plan on putting platys, GBRs, and Tetras in it! Im in the palm beach area. A freshwater wannabe in a world of saltwater tanks, lol.

Current Fish tanks:
20 Gallon SE Asian biotope?: 8 amano shrimp, 1 Gold Gourami, 6 Panda Corys
10 gallon: 3 Female Bettas, 3 nerite snails, 4 Emerald Green Corys
7 gallon cube: 3 Licorice Gouramis, 1 leftover Dario Hysignon
4 gallon cube: Male Halfmoon Plakat Betta
2.5 Gallon: Male Bumblebee Betta
EmeraldAlkaline is offline  
post #6 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 03:39 PM
Planted Member
 
Monrankim's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldAlkaline View Post
Ill definitely share once my 20 gallon is set up! I plan on putting platys, GBRs, and Tetras in it! Im in the palm beach area. A freshwater wannabe in a world of saltwater tanks, lol.
You should do a tank journal and show the whole process

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Projects

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Monrankim is offline  
post #7 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 05:27 PM
Planted Member
 
EmeraldAlkaline's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monrankim View Post
You should do a tank journal and show the whole process

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
I actually planned on it! Stay tuned, just waiting for the petco dollar per gallon sale! lol.

Getting some clown plecos for it too!

Current Fish tanks:
20 Gallon SE Asian biotope?: 8 amano shrimp, 1 Gold Gourami, 6 Panda Corys
10 gallon: 3 Female Bettas, 3 nerite snails, 4 Emerald Green Corys
7 gallon cube: 3 Licorice Gouramis, 1 leftover Dario Hysignon
4 gallon cube: Male Halfmoon Plakat Betta
2.5 Gallon: Male Bumblebee Betta
EmeraldAlkaline is offline  
post #8 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 05:29 PM
Planted Member
 
Monrankim's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldAlkaline View Post
I actually planned on it! Stay tuned, just waiting for the petco dollar per gallon sale! lol.

Getting some clown plecos for it too!
I'll be sure to check it out. You can also get great deals in Craigslist, offer up, let go. I have seen 75g go for 40-60$

Projects

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Monrankim is offline  
post #9 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 06:27 PM
Newbie
 
NanoNoob22's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1
Monrankim, I'm in St Pete too!!

I'm just getting back in to planted tanks after many years so I don't have any pics to share yet. I have a 46 gal bowfront that I'll be transitioning to a planted tank after I get my 5.5 gal betta tank going. I figured I'd start small and low tech and see how that goes first.

I'm happy to see some locals here. I'd love to know where you go to get your plants locally.

Btw, your tanks are gorgeous Monrankim!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
NanoNoob22 is offline  
post #10 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 09:48 PM
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (7/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 66
Daytona Beach, checking in. I'm actually just getting back into things, about to set up one of the 6.6 gallon bookshelf tanks from Petco. Haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do with it yet. Probably shrimp and some rasboras.

JakeJekel37 is offline  
post #11 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 06:20 AM
Planted Member
 
Monrankim's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoNoob22 View Post
Monrankim, I'm in St Pete too!!

I'm just getting back in to planted tanks after many years so I don't have any pics to share yet. I have a 46 gal bowfront that I'll be transitioning to a planted tank after I get my 5.5 gal betta tank going. I figured I'd start small and low tech and see how that goes first.

I'm happy to see some locals here. I'd love to know where you go to get your plants locally.

Btw, your tanks are gorgeous Monrankim!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Hey there neighbor! That's great that your getting back into the hobby and be sure to share your projects on the forum. It's always cool to see new projects take off.

I go to Sea Life on 34th St N. and order plants through them. Cole is the man to talk to.

Thanks by the way, it's always a work in progress

Projects

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Monrankim is offline  
post #12 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 06:32 AM
Planted Member
 
Monrankim's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeJekel37 View Post
Daytona Beach, checking in. I'm actually just getting back into things, about to set up one of the 6.6 gallon bookshelf tanks from Petco. Haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do with it yet. Probably shrimp and some rasboras.

A canvas awaits the artist. I have a 5 gal I have been meaning to set up. I think nanos are cool

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Projects

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Monrankim is offline  
post #13 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 07:29 PM
Newbie
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 1
Hi from Lake Worth!
Beautiful tanks Monrankim! I have 4 tanks- a 20H, 2 10's, and a 6. Mostly red chested endlers, tetras, and a danio. All low tech. If anyone close by would like any endlers, I would be happy to give you some!
msdoolittle is offline  
post #14 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 09:16 PM
Planted Tank Guru
 
Freemananana's Avatar
 
PTrader: (12/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Tavares, FL
Posts: 2,860
I'm in Clermont, just letting the tank grow in now. I don't think the local subforums are very active. I mostly use them to try and get rid of some stuff locally, like old tanks.

Monrankim and Monrankim like this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Freemananana is online now  
post #15 of 70 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 09:50 PM
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Tampa
Posts: 10
All I've got at the moment is my 5.5 with my betta, Flair (yes, I know, terrible pun!) First two are from when I first got him, and didn't have anything in the tank yet, except a piece of driftwood and a bit of *coughs* some sort of pretty weed I yanked out of a pond Last two are from just now. All he's got right now is a few marimo balls, a bit of that "floating pond weed" some Helanthium tenellum 'Green', Limnophila that was not ID'd, and I'm guessing is sessiliflora? and a Frans Stoffels sword. Oh, plus a couple of pieces of java fern, one windelov, one narrow leaf that I grabbed from the top of leaves. Nothing to write home about for either of those yet.

I'm eventually going to grab some bolbitis (probably the mini kind) some sort of moss or fissidens for the wood, some sort of smaller growing floating plants so I can move the other one to a window so it'll be able to grow, and when the H. tenellum grows in, some cherry shrimp.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17264809_10155220985476694_3553612576791107668_n.jpg (47.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 17201024_10155220985431694_1658065844624676176_n.jpg (35.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 127_1226.jpg (80.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 127_1228.jpg (96.5 KB, 19 views)
Riona is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome