Stores for hardscape? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Stores for hardscape?

Anyone know of any good stores for driftwood and rocks? Other than my back yard.

-DAN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 06:10 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPlanted View Post
Anyone know of any good stores for driftwood and rocks? Other than my back yard.
Aquatic Wildlife in Manchester has really upped their hardscape game in the past few months. Worth a visit.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

I was their a while back didn't see any hardscaoe but prices were high

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

-DAN

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 02:58 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
http://aquarium-world.com/aquarium-world-shop/

The shortest distance between any two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 03:36 PM
Algae Grower

All pets club has a large selection, at least the ones in Wallingford and Branford. Mostly manzanita with some grape vine and spider in the bird / reptile section.
They have a couple bins of rocks, lava, rainbow, and different colors of slate.
I took a couple pictures of the Wallingford stores selection, but their all blurry.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2015, 11:20 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)
My opinion is that all the stores price hardscape way too high. Check out a stoneyard or quarry for rocks, you may be surprised what they have. Connecticut Stone has a ton of stuff.

For LFS suppliers, All Pets Club does have a large selection although not the most reasonably priced in my opinion. I go to the Branford location.
Slither and Swim in West Haven also has some good stuff, I've gotten some rocks from them, can't recall their wood selection. They are also great to check out if you haven't been there. They seem to be less well known in the area but get some cool fish in sometimes. They usually have some plants in stock as well.

Greg

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

I got some hardscape now i just need plants... Not any good stores around us.

-DAN

Tags
wood

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode