Plants & Shrimp - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Plants & Shrimp

Noticed Wet Pets in Vernon has started to carry a good amount of plants and the tissue culture plants. The last time I was there they had orange, blue, CRS, CBS for decent prices. I think it was4-5 bucks. Anyone know of anywhere else that has a good selection of plants or shrimp? Looking for S/SS CRS or CBS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 01:25 AM
Planted Member

Blake's Aqua Den in Meriden sometimes has a few different kinds of shrimp, not great on plants though. I would assume you've been to Aquatic Wildlife, I still haven't been to their new store, but they always had a great selection of plants and shrimp, just prices are a little high. No other stores carry shrimp that I can think of. As far as plants go petsmart and Petco sometimes have the best selection of TC plants. I wish we had a nice planted tank store.....

-DAN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

I will have to take a look at Petco. I tend to stay clear of the big box stores when it comes to animals unless food or something. I also need to take a look into Blakes, Aquatic.... the new place is extremely organized and clean looking but the tanks... I really want to like the place but almost 80% of the tanks had 2-3 dead fish in them at a time. I live really close to there so I hope the quality improves. Though the owner wasn't in and they just moved so I will give them another chance when they settle. I appreciate the info Dan! You happen to know of any planted clubs in the area by chance? I heard there was one but I assume it is no more as there is nothing on the net about it.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 04:19 PM
Algae Grower

Aquatic Wildlife's new store is very nice. Their plant selection is pretty good and it is very organized, though they are a bit pricy. Animal City's (of Vernon) plant selection is kind of crappy in my opinion; a lot of times their plants have holes or are in poor condition.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-27-2017, 01:14 AM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katas View Post
I will have to take a look at Petco. I tend to stay clear of the big box stores when it comes to animals unless food or something. I also need to take a look into Blakes, Aquatic.... the new place is extremely organized and clean looking but the tanks... I really want to like the place but almost 80% of the tanks had 2-3 dead fish in them at a time. I live really close to there so I hope the quality improves. Though the owner wasn't in and they just moved so I will give them another chance when they settle. I appreciate the info Dan! You happen to know of any planted clubs in the area by chance? I heard there was one but I assume it is no more as there is nothing on the net about it.
I haven't been into Blakes in a little while, but the last time i was at the new store the tanks all looked great, a couple dead fish but nothing much, i have never had any issues with Blakes even at the old place. The owner used to be the fish room manager at all pets club in Wallingford, they sometimes have a good plant selection.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode