(Salt Water) Frag Farmer's Market - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
(Salt Water) Frag Farmer's Market

I cross posted this in the MA forum, so to those that browse both sections, I apologize.

Not sure how many dabble in the salt side as well as fresh, so I thought I would post this here.

Every March (for the past 9 years) the Frag Farmer's Market (FFM) is held in Storrs, CT. IThe guy that runs it is a high school science teacher that has set up a huge system to help educate the children and to allow some to run what is quite literally graduate level research (I was fourtunate to see some presentations at a club meeting a couple of years ago). He is pretty hands of and just provides guidance and accountability where it is needed.

The FFM started off as a way to help raise funds and bring awareness to the work students were doing, but has grown into an amazing show. Tons of local hobbiests and a lot of commercial coral and hardware vendors. Some even make the trip from the West Coast. Tons of big names right along side hobbiests. Really great prices. Even if you are not into reef tanks, it is worth the trip.

I forget if I can link to other forums, but if you search ' FFM coral 2017 ', you will come up with some results. I'd post the flier, but that doesn't seem to be a possibility from iOS.

I usually feel kind of guilty using the quick reply... my replies are rarely quick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

I usually feel kind of guilty using the quick reply... my replies are rarely quick.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 11:22 AM
Algae Grower

If you keep a saltwater tank it's well worth going.

Tom

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Even if you don't, I'd argue it is worth the trip, if you are somewhat close. It is only $5 to get in (spouses and kids under 12 are free), all the proceeds go to fund the aquatic research program at the school. Well worth it to check it out in my opinion. I drove out there two years ago just to check it out even though I wasn't able to purchase anything since I had just set mt tank up.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

It has come up pretty quick! The Frag Farmer's Market is this weekend.

Looking forward to it even though I don't have a new tank set up and don't really have much room at the moment. I may be setting up a new tank right before moving. I guess I'll just have to call it a quarantine tank.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode