Beginning Live foods, micro worms, vinegar eels, Grindle worms and other....?? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Beginning Live foods, micro worms, vinegar eels, Grindle worms and other....??

I have a good collection of live foods and I can share cultures to get you started. What I don't have at the moment is a Grindle Worm culture. If you have or know who has Grindle Worms, let me know.

If you want any of the following, let me know I am happy to share a starter culture: Vinegar Eels, Micro Worms, Banana worms, Walter worms and on a good day, daphnia and scudds. On a good day is because Daphnia are hard to harvest in the winter, and scudds seem to come and go.

Advise to the beginner: Micro worms are easy and they last a long time in a small container if you don't have fry to feed for a few months. Every fish room should have micro worms. They live for a week or more in an aquarium so it is hard to overfeed. I put micro worms in with eggs before they hatch so the fry can begin eating the moment they hatch. But micro worms settle to the bottom of a tank so you need a bare bottom tank for fry. Vinegar Eels are easy to keep, once you have a container of them you can set it on a shelf and come back a year or two later and harvest them, they do fine with no attention at all. But they are harder to feed, it takes a while to separate them so you are not putting vinegar into the tanks. It is easy, once you stop reading the junk on line. Vinegar eels swim in the upper level of water so they are up where the fry are, making them easier for fry to eat and they live in tanks for many days. They will even breed in plain water, not well, but they will breed. These two are all most fish rooms need, easy to keep and have a long life in the tank, can't overfeed. Always ready on the shelf to feed that unexpected hatch of fry. Or just micro worms is adequate. Extremely small fry? Then bannana worms or walter worms are 1/2 size of micro worms and they culture the same.

Tanks:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, 2
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, 5
, 30
, 45
, 10
, auto water change system, all planted, endangered and extinct in the wild fish, many C.A.R.E.S list, lots and lots of angels, discus and anything challenging. Currently have many Killifish (Blue Gularis & 6 other types). My hobby is changing water.... +koi pond, planted outdoor tanks in garden.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 01:15 AM

PTrader: (0/0%)
I am desperate to have some bloodworm or black worm cultures I will only feed my fish live food I don't have much money please I am running low on time I have dwarf puffers that want to eat something different daily I have brine shrimp can you please help me

Tags
daphnia, fry, live foods, micro worms, worms

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode