6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-09-2020, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (27/97%)
Arrow Where are my fellow Coloradoans?

What's going on guys?
Not much actiivty here.

Tell me where you are from and what are you keeping currently if you see this.

I am in Ft Collins and keeping Discus, some Tanganyikan Cichlids, some Medagascar cichlids, some Angels and a small planted tank at the moment.

||
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
||
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-10-2020, 06:47 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Still here. Near DTC. Down to a 30g planted with clown killis
sumer likes this.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-11-2020, 03:02 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
I am in Denver. I am keeping Cardinal tetras and SAEs in a fully planted tank and then a small planted cherry shrimp tank.
sumer likes this.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-11-2020, 04:06 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)
I'm slowly coming back into the hobby. Right now I have 2 fully planted 29g. These were office tanks previously so I have a strange variety of fish from coworkers. White clouds, danios, bristlenose, cories, and a female betta. Located in Lakewood!
sumer likes this.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-12-2020, 05:45 AM
Algae Grower

I'm in SE Aurora.

I've got several tanks with lots of different fish, crayfish, and shrimp. Most of my fish are nano to small fish, but I've got some larger ones too. I think 6 of the tanks are really planted while most of them have some plants in them.
sumer likes this.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-12-2020, 06:02 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)
I'm in S/E Denver...

Getting back into the hobby after a year away, currently I only have a Fluval Flex 57l (15 gallon) tank, currently cycling, will be ordering some plants here soon!
sumer likes this.

15g Fluval Flex - Will be a planted shrimp tank
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-18-2020, 07:54 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
I am still around. Down to 1 tank currently. A 75 gal. Previous rainbow tank. I had a nasty case of Columnaris that sadly took out all of my prized bows I am going to move away from bows for a while and stock with a to of small south American fish. Probably within the next couple months.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-13-2020, 08:07 PM
Algae Grower

I am in Greeley but looking to get out of the hobby! If any fellow Coloradans are looking for a 20 gallon long lightly planted set-up (and won't kill the few rams, mts, and pond snails in there, as I am quite fond of them and they never have over populated as long as there is no overfeeding), please contact me! I'd even give it all for free to the right person. Includes ferts, test-kit, cabinet stand, meds, prime, buckets, gravel vac, etc.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-15-2020, 08:12 PM
Algae Grower

Brand new to the forum! Hoping to passively gain knowledge as I spend my time surfing the forums. As we all know the learning curve for this hobby is a long one so I have much to learn but I have been very successful with a lil 5 1/2 gallon low tech heavily planted with dwarf sag, crypts, Christmas moss, and lots and lots of duckweed that is home to a pretty big colony of shrimp, it probably time to move them somewhere else soon. I've also got a 20 long with a red double Halfmoon betta, he's my good boy but he's gotta deal with the algae in the tank while I still dial in the tank. I'm overjoyed to see people who live in my state posting on here, shout out to the Coloradans.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-16-2020, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (27/97%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece_Huff View Post
Brand new to the forum! Hoping to passively gain knowledge as I spend my time surfing the forums. As we all know the learning curve for this hobby is a long one so I have much to learn but I have been very successful with a lil 5 1/2 gallon low tech heavily planted with dwarf sag, crypts, Christmas moss, and lots and lots of duckweed that is home to a pretty big colony of shrimp, it probably time to move them somewhere else soon. I've also got a 20 long with a red double Halfmoon betta, he's my good boy but he's gotta deal with the algae in the tank while I still dial in the tank. I'm overjoyed to see people who live in my state posting on here, shout out to the Coloradans.
Fantastic! Welcome to the forum and welcome to the hobby
I am in Ft Collins. If you need any help or would like some guppies, please let me know. No adoption fees LOL.
Reece_Huff likes this.

||
||

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-19-2020, 04:36 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Hello, Hello!!

Carbon valley, Frederick/Firestone!

Tanks -

Congo Tetra, (not very big yet) 6 Clown Loaches and some Yoyos, 80G (FW) rimless Innovative Marine Lagoon tank, with some cool Cardinals and a few Neons. It's the Congo's Lazy River.

12G Edge Red Bolt & Golden Bee Shrimp - Maybe adding a fun mixed group of Bee shrimp

Pure Red Line shrimp Cube

SW 46G

72G Bowfront Has a zillion Guppies and Endlers, Cories, let me know if you want some! Thinking over what this tank will be now (after getting the Congos their own new tank).

30G Waterbox FW Pencilfish and Pygmy Cories with Dwarf Pencilfish Nannostomus Marginatus picturatus A few male Endlers

4' Wineglass "Ghost" shrimp with some Pygmy Cories and a few male Guppies and Endlers

Cutting back a couple tanks in the near future, lol. Enjoying the shrimp more right now.

Remember, lots of Endlers and Guppies mixed group available locally to good homes! Snakeskin, Cobra, Japan, Panda, El Tigre, Red Chest, Green Lightening and Red lightning, Red Mosaic Yellow, Albino, and Metalhead. Mostly mommas and babies. <3

Bump: Sumer, what are you keeping after the fish shifting?

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-19-2020, 02:14 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
Hi All,
I am very glad to see some activity in this thread. I am in Fort Collins and just now getting back into the hobby after being MIA for a few years.

Sumer, I remember reading your journal way back when and am happy to see you are still active on this forum!

Does anyone have a good local source of plants in the noco area? I am hoping to fully plant my tank in the next couple weeks. Fish Crew was just getting started when I left the hobby and their selection was minimal at best. I've been meaning to pay them a visit to see what they're working with these days. I also saw Rooted Tanks in Cheyenne as another viable option, but I don't believe they have a brick and mortar store.

20L Rimless (retired)
40G Breeder (retired)
90P Rimless
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-19-2020, 06:55 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantling View Post
I'm in SE Aurora.

I've got several tanks with lots of different fish, crayfish, and shrimp. Most of my fish are nano to small fish, but I've got some larger ones too. I think 6 of the tanks are really planted while most of them have some plants in them.

I am trying to move to nano overall so i can fit more into my 30g and not have all my shrimp get eaten. currently just have clown killis. CPDs did not seem very hardy in my setup. Any other luck? even if not nano, i'd be interested to hear what other small fish you successfully keep with the shrimp. i'm not trying to breed shrimp and dont care about the grade. i just want to have a large colony of cherry shrimp to watch
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2020, 05:17 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaninspace View Post
I am trying to move to nano overall so i can fit more into my 30g and not have all my shrimp get eaten. currently just have clown killis. CPDs did not seem very hardy in my setup. Any other luck? even if not nano, i'd be interested to hear what other small fish you successfully keep with the shrimp. i'm not trying to breed shrimp and dont care about the grade. i just want to have a large colony of cherry shrimp to watch
I've kept Chili Rasboras and Ember Tetras successfully with Neocaridina shrimp so far
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2020, 01:36 PM
Algae Grower

Hello all, I'm up in Vail! Lived here 12 years now. I have a 55 gallon high tech which I just posted a video about on here yesterday, a 10 gallon and a 7 gallon. Any good fish stores on the front range? I've been getting all my stuff online or I'll make the long 2 hour drive to Aqua Imports in Boulder.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode