1Likes
  • 2 Post By Plantling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 04:37 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (26/100%)
New to Fort Collins

Hello

I recently moved to Fort Collins and found my old tanks in storage. Now that my schedule will be more open, I am hoping to set up one of my old nanos.

I am hoping for a few locals to share their favorite stores. I have visited The Fish Crew in FOCO, but nowhere else. Denver is only about an hour away and they seem to have tons of stores - which ones are worth the visit? I'll drive an hour in any direction for a great store.

Specifically looking for rock and wood for hard scaping materials. But a place that has a solid selection of plants and shrimp will interest me as well.

Thanks for any input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 05:41 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Grouped by (kind of) distance from Fort Collins with closest first. Asterisks next to the ones I think you should definitely visit.

*Aqua Imports - Great hardscaping, plant, and shrimp selection.
Exotic Aquatics - Decent hardscaping selection. I don't recall any plants or shrimp.
About Fish - Poor hardscape and plant selection. Decent shrimp selection.
*Fish Den - Good hardscape and shrimp selection. Plant selection should be cautioned because they have duckweed in many tanks that are selling plants.
Golden Fish Aquatics - Poor hardscape selection and I believe there were no plants or shrimp.
Pet World - Poor lighting, but okay hardscape and plant selection.
*Aquatic Dog - My favorite for many reasons. Plant, shrimp, and hardscape selection is good.
Todd's Tropical Fish - Not worth going. Sketchy feel to the place and very sick fish when I went.
Aquatic Kingdom - Very expensive, but has a nice aquascaping table and nice pieces for hardscaping. Plant selection seems to be growing. Shrimp were out of stock at my last visit. Again, very expensive though and the owner seems to be very "bro" when you're a customer and forgets you afterwards if you need any help.
Tropical Pet Oasis - Probably too far. Very small and doesn't have much. Great prices and willing to special order, but probably not great for just a visit.
Neptune's Tropical Fish - Probably too far, but has an okay to decent selection of hardscaping materials, shrimp, and plants.
thebuddha and thebuddha like this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2017, 08:16 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
Aqua Imports Boulder has some nice selections of wood and usually some good stones, just depends on the time if it is a new batch or not.

Aquatic dog for great nano Fish good prices.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2017, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (26/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantling View Post
Grouped by (kind of) distance from Fort Collins with closest first. Asterisks next to the ones I think you should definitely visit.

*Aqua Imports - Great hardscaping, plant, and shrimp selection.

Exotic Aquatics - Decent hardscaping selection. I don't recall any plants or shrimp.

About Fish - Poor hardscape and plant selection. Decent shrimp selection.

*Fish Den - Good hardscape and shrimp selection. Plant selection should be cautioned because they have duckweed in many tanks that are selling plants.

Golden Fish Aquatics - Poor hardscape selection and I believe there were no plants or shrimp.

Pet World - Poor lighting, but okay hardscape and plant selection.

*Aquatic Dog - My favorite for many reasons. Plant, shrimp, and hardscape selection is good.

Todd's Tropical Fish - Not worth going. Sketchy feel to the place and very sick fish when I went.

Aquatic Kingdom - Very expensive, but has a nice aquascaping table and nice pieces for hardscaping. Plant selection seems to be growing. Shrimp were out of stock at my last visit. Again, very expensive though and the owner seems to be very "bro" when you're a customer and forgets you afterwards if you need any help.

Tropical Pet Oasis - Probably too far. Very small and doesn't have much. Great prices and willing to special order, but probably not great for just a visit.

Neptune's Tropical Fish - Probably too far, but has an okay to decent selection of hardscaping materials, shrimp, and plants.

Wow. You are awesome. Thanks so much for putting the time together to comment on these stores.

I was able to swing by Fish Den on my way home from a quick trip to Denver this morning. Got me a piece of (too expensive) wood for a new tank. Will work on checking out the rest of these stores as time goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnSky View Post
Aqua Imports Boulder has some nice selections of wood and usually some good stones, just depends on the time if it is a new batch or not.

Aquatic dog for great nano Fish good prices.

Thank you as well for the suggestions Autumnsky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode