PTrader: (0/0%)
anybody in L.A. Fish Fanatics?

is there a site where i can visit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (158/99%)
their email is.... [email protected] they are having a meeting on the 30th. i never been but i do get the updates.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008, 08:27 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
u know i wanted to join them but they have a monthly or yearly fee for joining. if there's a free club where some hobbyist get together once in a while to talk about fish and share stuff kinda like on this forum i'd wanna know about it. right now it's just me and my friend and we go to eachother's houses and chill for a few hours and look at eachothers fish tanks. lol

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznkonner View Post
u know i wanted to join them but they have a monthly or yearly fee for joining. if there's a free club where some hobbyist get together once in a while to talk about fish and share stuff kinda like on this forum i'd wanna know about it. right now it's just me and my friend and we go to eachother's houses and chill for a few hours and look at eachothers fish tanks. lol
LOL me 2! I didn't even noe that my friend was into fish until one day when i was in a LFS and i saw my friend and i was like waht are u doing here? and you noe what happened next...
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (158/99%)
well i get their news letter and i dont pay anything...... most clubs have fees but i dont think they will kick you out for not being a member. go and check it out. at least email them and get more info.

Coast which meet in costa mesa welcomes members.... i was never once asked to pay anything. i went 2-3 times even was able to buy things in the auction. i thought the $20 i freely paid on my own will was well worth it.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphan View Post
LOL me 2! I didn't even noe that my friend was into fish until one day when i was in a LFS and i saw my friend and i was like waht are u doing here? and you noe what happened next...
lol that happened with one of my friends too! i still have friends where i don't know if they're into fish or not. i'm trying to convert them lol
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (112/99%)
What sup JPhan?

My friend Aznkonner above showed me this site and decided to join. So you are from Rosemead huh? Us three are almost neighbors. lol.

I've been a fanatic since the peak of the flowerhorn era. Started with $2 flowerhorns then got into pleco breeding. I had planted tanks before but all were failures. Now I am making another attempt in hopes of better success.

How did you start and what kind of tanks/fishes are you currently raising?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

lol i started off way back when i was a kid and my dad would buy me feeders. then a few years later i got a 10 gallon tank for a couple years until i leaked. 5 years later my dad bought a 70 gallon and kept exotic goldfish in there lol. then he built a pond for kois outside. the goldfishes were wiped out by some disease 3 yeas ago and my dad decided to put away the tank. Around november i was surfing the web and came around cichlid forum and i fell in love with cichlids lol. so i convinced my dad to let me set up a 70 gallon for african cichlids. then i wandered into this forum and fell in love with planted tanks. Right at that time a friend of mine gave me a emtpy 20 gallon tank he didn't want and i decided to plant that up so basicly withing a couple months i got like 5 tanks running in my house lol.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (112/99%)
I used to run a fish room on back of my house. I had 3 60 gals, 4 20 gals, 1 30, and 1 130 gallon full of plecos.

Now I am only down to 3 tanks in my bedroom. a 60 gal, 1 40 gal, and a 20 gal. 60 and 20 are planted and the 40 houses whats left of my plecos.

Ill post some pictures up once I learn how.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (14/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Luis138
Hi,

I am in Downey. Also not too far from you guys. I currently have a 40 gallon tank. I have kept fresh water and salt water tanks in the past (about 10 years) but this is my first time attempting a planted tank. I am so excited to be back in the hobby. My favorite store is Strictly Fish in Lakewood. What stores do you guys frequent?

Luis

Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 09:22 AM
Planted Member

never been to strictly fish in lakewood. maybe i need to set up a roadtrip. for me mostly hacienda aquatics and sunset/just fish on valley. hacienda normally get lots of weird stuff in and prices are decent but not so much recently. justfish/sunset has been getting lots of stuff in. i also heard fish etc is a nice place to go for all ur fish needs.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 06:24 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)
Send a message via AIM to playaslk Send a message via Yahoo to playaslk
hey guys

just moved to encino area and been looking around at lfs here. I moved here from florida (capital of plants and aquariums) and am trying to re-establish my tanks here. Starting slow w/ a 37 tall.

wanted to say hi and see if you all get together at all to bs and / or trade.

david
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2020, 07:32 PM

Looking for a club near Pasadena. Never been in one but Iíve been keeping fish my whole life. Would be fun to have some fishy friends.

Bump: Looking for a club near Pasadena. Never been in one but Iíve been keeping fish my whole life. Would be fun to have some fishy friends.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode