Looking for Los Angeles store w/large plant selection - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-25-2020, 03:25 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Exclamation Looking for Los Angeles store w/large plant selection

Hey everyone!

So for the past couple weeks I have been searching and exploring the LA area (safely) to try and find a store with a large selection of plants. Sadly, I haven't been able to really find anything with a diverse selection, even after driving for an hour+. I'm going to list the stores I have been to, and if anyone has any others they love (in the area) or knows about these stores, let me know! I'm looking for a large selection of plants! I'm so jealous of some of the stores I see in other places...!

1. Nature Aquarium Love this store, has a nice selection of plants, but not huge. The owner is super nice and helped me get started with my tank! This is basically my default store, I'd love to find something with more options.

2. Allan's Pet Center Carries the very basics in terms of plants, not great selection

3. Ruben's Aquarium (formerly known as The Aquarium) I have seen really old posts raving about this store when it was called "The Aquarium," however on Google, it says it is temporarily closed and I can't get through, anyone know what's up?

4. Bob's Tropical Fish Never been here

5. Tong's Tropical Fish Never been here, but a store tour I saw didn't look promising. How large is their selection?

6. Tropical Imports Never been here, but a store tour I saw didn't look promising. How large is their selection?

7. Exotic Life They are in the middle of moving locations, but otherwise, I think a great store, never been, but in communication with owner/manager/someone

8. Underwater Depot The guys here were really nice! They had some plants, but again, not a huge selection. Once again, the shop had more selection in terms of fish. Still, a nice place!

9. The Aquarium Connection I can't tell if this is an actual store or just a maintenance company.

10. Lotus Aquarium Hoping to visit, although a little far. Anyone know about this place?

11. Mark's Tropical Fish Went here to purchase some frogs. Mark was really nice! Their selection of plants wasn't as big as I'd heard, and I didn't really get to look around too much. More info would be welcomed.

12. Fumi's Never been, but Yelp reviews aren't looking great...

13. Strictly Fish Old forum posts really raved about this place, but based on Yelp it might've gone down hill. Has anyone been recently?

14. Tokyo Aquarium I haven't been, but the owner messaged me that. they had 7 types of plants via Facebook.

15. ASAP Aquarium I can't tell if this is an actual store or just a maintenance company.

16. Koran Tropical Fish Haven't been, does anyone know anything?

18. Sunland Water Gardens Might only be a pond store, haven't been

19. Aquarium City I gotta say I was disappointed. Was told they had the "largest plant selection in the valley," but it did not match up when I got there. Added bonus because the only plant I did want was not available

15 gallon ADF aquarium

Last edited by AwwShucks; 07-25-2020 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Forgot some

Tags
large selection, lfs, los angeles, plant stores, planted tank store

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode