SDG&E peak pricing - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2020, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (70/100%)
Send a message via AIM to monkeyruler90
SDG&E peak pricing

Hey, any San Diego folks here that have SDG&E time of use pricing where they charge you more for electricity use during 4pm-9pm?

I was wondering what time do you guys have your tanks on?

I have LEDs but was trying to limit electricity usage during that time

Before I had lights come on at 5pm and turn off at 11:59pm but now I'm wondering if it's better to just do the whole daylight cycle during the day to use cheap electricity or to have the tank start up at 9pm-3am?

--Oscar.
Fluval pimp #4 aka PIMP master!
I SAID ITS GREAT
TO BE

A FLORIDA GATOR!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2020, 09:45 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
We've got the same thing in northern CA with PG&E. I put solar panels up and run it when I want.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2020, 09:59 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Same here in Sacramento with SMUD. Fortunately tanks don't take much energy, nothing like th AC when it's 110 outside.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2020, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (70/100%)
Send a message via AIM to monkeyruler90
So I've been working from home the last couple of months and probably until September so I am changing the light schedule from 5pm-11:30pm to 9am-4pm

I'm going to try and monitor energy use throughout the next month to see if my bill is actually cheaper. If it is a minor difference then I'll just eat the cost of running on peak time.
When I go back to work I'll probably switch to a 9pm-4am so I can catch the sunrise effect.

I've been playing with a moonlight feature and it's actually pretty nice seeing the fish in either the red spectrum or the blue and just swimming freely. When I have the full bright lights they do tend to be a bit shier.

--Oscar.
Fluval pimp #4 aka PIMP master!
I SAID ITS GREAT
TO BE

A FLORIDA GATOR!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode