• 5 Post By Botia dude
  • 2 Post By Botia dude

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Sfbaaps

Hello all,

I'd like to take a moment to invite any Northern Ca members to join the San Francisco Bay Area Aquatic Plant Society or SFBAAPS.

sfbaaps is a regional community of planted aquarium enthusiasts living in and around the greater San Francisco Bay Area, from Monterey to Sacramento. We strive to enrich our membersí aquatic gardening experience while advancing our hobby. To meet these goals, sfbaaps facilitates regular events which include Open Houses, speaker presentations, and plant swaps. This website and online discussion forum serve our membership. We invite you to share in our excitement for aquatic gardening.

Membership is free and open to all members of the greater San Francisco Bay Area.

As a member you get:

Member status on the sfbaaps Forums
To Meet and get to know club members with like-minded interests
Discuss General Planted Aquaria matters
Participation in ďgroup buysĒ of fish, plants and supplies
Ability to purchase plants from our other members, sometimes just for the cost of shipping
See what our members are doing with their tanks
Invitation to our monthly events (Open Houses/Meet & Swaps hosted by our members, LFSs, and other venues)

We enjoy meeting new members, are family friendly, and most of all, love to see all the great tanks put together by our members during open houses. We're also a great spot to share our local resources together. Looking for that perfect piece of driftwood or that rare fish? Saw some stellar fish someone is looking for at an LFS? Your fish are breeding and you need to move some juvies quick? Tap water questions? We've even held tours of the local water district facilities so you can see first hand how your tap water is produced from well, lake, or river to your faucet.

If you love this hobby as much as we do, come share your local knowledge, expertise, and company. In the age of the internet, personal connections are rarer than they used to be. It's fun to sit together with fellow hobbyists face to face over a good meal or coffee, trade a few plants, and discuss our successes and failures to learn from them.

If you have any questions about signing up of want to know more about us, please feel free to send me a message.

Regards,
Anthony

SFBAAPS website link http://sfbaaps.org/wp/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Bump
Kubla and Discusluv like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 03:31 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Sfbaaps

Can we have a moment of silence for how broken the sfbaaps website is?

I was hoping to get involved with sfbaaps... I actually have an old login from several years ago. Unfortunately the password recovery tool results in an error. The register new user system also results in an error. Next logical step? Yes the contact webmaster tool also results in an error.

To top it off, most online links point to sfbaaps.org which seems to dump onto a blank page. I noticed you're using /wp/ which works, but there is almost no info for unregistered users... The sfbaaps.org NEEDS to redirect to the functional site.

Then I wonder if I'm the only one experiencing these problems? Nope, I see an old Reddit post about this issue and my buddy says he has the same problem.

Can this be addressed? This is super frustrating...

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 05:05 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)
Sfbaaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btanders View Post

I was hoping to get involved with sfbaaps... I actually have an old login from several years ago. Unfortunately the password recovery tool results in an error. The register new user system also results in an error. Next logical step? Yes the contact webmaster tool also results in an error.

To top it off, most online links point to sfbaaps.org which seems to dump onto a blank page. I noticed you're using /wp/ which works, but there is almost no info for unregistered users... The sfbaaps.org NEEDS to redirect to the functional site.

Then I wonder if I'm the only one experiencing these problems? Nope, I see an old Reddit post about this issue and my buddy says he has the same problem.

Iím an sfbaaps member, website usually works fine, also available on Tapatalk, try the link below to login/resend password. If it errors, we also have a Facebook group, not as active as the forum, though I know our moderators tend to be easier to reach there if your having issues logging on.

I can see what you mean.., if you try to go to sfbaaps.org, directly, it redirects... if you google on the other hand, it takes you to our main page, there you can either register or login.

http://forum.sfbaaps.org/ucp.php?mode=sendpassword

Still having trouble...
[email protected]

Hope you can get back in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fluval EDGE slightly modded, low tech
3+ gallon (40 x 16 x 20.5 cm) aquatic soil, low-tech
Fluval spec V (sitting in a box)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 05:33 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvDO View Post
Quote:

I’m an sfbaaps member, website usually works fine, also available on Tapatalk, try the link below to login/resend password. If it errors, we also have a Facebook group, not as active as the forum, though I know our moderators tend to be easier to reach there if your having issues logging on.

I can see what you mean.., if you try to go to sfbaaps.org, directly, it redirects... if you google on the other hand, it takes you to our main page, there you can either register or login.

http://forum.sfbaaps.org/ucp.php?mode=sendpassword

Still having trouble...
[email protected]

Hope you can get back in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks but that password recovery link results in:
The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.

I don't use Facebook. I've sent an email to the webmaster.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Thanks but that password recovery link results in:
The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.

I don't use Facebook. I've sent an email to the webmaster.
Marc is pretty good at getting back to folks. If you can't get an answer soon I'll try and help out.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 06:36 AM
Banned

This sounds like a good place to migrate over to. I got some nails scratching my face for posting a thread about BBA after a few years off this board, then some weird side talk about mobile service terms of service and the mod threatening me to contact my isp for using VPN.

Why?

Because I was asking some questions about BBA and sharing stuff about my tank? I don't really get it, or how this board is remotely inclusive.

We were talking about aquarium plants, nothing was political, nothing was a put down to anyone on that thread. I don't work for any of those stores in that thread, but I'll give the mod the benefit of the doubt. Go to my tank journal, look me up via the images, then come find me. Not even running VPN on the machine in question, and if I was, so what? Comcast is my ISP, call them all you like.

Really pathetic.

This user is permanently banned for creating drama and threatening the moderation team. We have zero tolerance for this nonsense. 10/24/2019.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 02:15 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (489/100%)
Just so we're clear - this guy didn't get "nails scratching at [his] face" - another member derailed his thread by using a VPN to create a duplicate account, stirred the pot and insulted other members. Then this guy (sfshrimp) assumed everyone was talking about him and went off for some strange reason.

Shortly after that, sfshrimp started threatening the moderation team and posting insulting threads on the forum. He's now permanently banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfshrimp View Post
This sounds like a good place to migrate over to. I got some nails scratching my face for posting a thread about BBA after a few years off this board, then some weird side talk about mobile service terms of service and the mod threatening me to contact my isp for using VPN.

Why?

Because I was asking some questions about BBA and sharing stuff about my tank? I don't really get it, or how this board is remotely inclusive.

Really pathetic.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode