Sat Jan 12, 5 pm 2 50.00%
Sat Jan 13, 4 pm 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

204Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 139 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 11:04 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
The c. florida and c. "tiger" spiralis were from members on here.
All others from Buceplant.
I would by more crypts from members here, but crypts aren't readily available on this site ( especially the rarer types).

I should give it to you to quickly increase it for me and you and all the gang- it will probably be very slow growing in my tank.

180 g. low tech w/ wild South American cichlids, corydoras eques, and African Congo riverine tetras.
60 g. low tech w/ F1 Alenquer pair /Stendker "Tefe" discus and wild Altum Angels
30 g. low tech w/ Wild Tucano tetras
30 g. low-tech African Biotope
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 139 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 06:14 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discusluv View Post
Unfortunately the Crypt Tiger got delivered to me dead. Disappointed.
I imagine the weather was too cold and it wasnt properly packed to protect it.

The other crypts are great. Especially the C. "Florida". Beautiful Bronzy Red crypt. I imagine in high-tech it would be a spectacular red variety.
I'd be happy to trade you some tiger for some of the florida if you're down in the bay sometime I just removed a 20" x 3" mat of glosso and a slightly smaller mat of HC monte carlo from my big tank tonight. No idea what I'm gonna do with it.

Ken Keating1, Discusluv and KZB like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #123 of 139 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 05:23 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botia dude View Post
I'd be happy to trade you some tiger for some of the florida if you're down in the bay sometime I just removed a 20" x 3" mat of glosso and a slightly smaller mat of HC monte carlo from my big tank tonight. No idea what I'm gonna do with it.

I looked at the plant and it doesn't have any daughter plants on it atm. As big as it is ( its a mother plant) I thought it would. As soon as I get some Ill trade you for some Crypt. Tiger! I was disappointed to lose the one I ordered.
Ken Keating1 likes this.

180 g. low tech w/ wild South American cichlids, corydoras eques, and African Congo riverine tetras.
60 g. low tech w/ F1 Alenquer pair /Stendker "Tefe" discus and wild Altum Angels

post #124 of 139 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 07:59 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Lesson learned: Make sure you look at the Feedback rating before buying plants from other members.
I didn't even think to do so. Now I will be sure to do so.
OVT likes this.

post #125 of 139 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
OVT
Carpe Diem

PTrader: (144/100%)
@Discusluv, @Botia dude, @Ken Keating1, @aquascape - Hi all and a quick update:

- The new ETA on the Waterbox 190.5 is by the end of this Friday. They threw in a free T-shirt for a 3-month wait and I plan on using it to wipe off water stains off the glass. Waterbox just announced a new line targeted towards freshwater planted market: https://www.waterboxaquariums.com/freshwater/. The new "Clear" line will have clear silicon (instead of black) and a tank can be bought without a stand. The pricing appears to be identical to their marine line and, the silicon color aside, you get a lot more with the marine version for the same price.

- I bought 3x AI Prime Freshwater and now debating whether to use them on the new tank or Current Satellites that I already have. I am "testing" one AI Prime on an 18" cube and my initial impression is rather mixed, especially with their WiFi-based control app. If somebody wants to play with them, I have one available for a short-term loan.

@Cichlid-140 - I'm a bit apprehensive with Waterbox's delivery process, especially after I signed their "Freight Release" legal "wash our hands off", "cover our ass" toilet paper. What was your experience? Thanks.

- On another front, I'm thinking of driving to AquaWorkz this Monday afternoon. I currently have no sexy plants to share but would love to see you all, eat some Chocolate Pie, and BS. If anybody wants to meet up then we can argue the time. @aquascape - you are a great companion and your daughter is a Princess and I would love to talk about Stinky with her again.
post #126 of 139 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 12:57 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVT View Post
@Cichlid-140 - I'm a bit apprehensive with Waterbox's delivery process, especially after I signed their "Freight Release" legal "wash our hands off", "cover our ass" toilet paper. What was your experience? Thanks.
I did a pickup of sorts. I made the arrangements when I go the call from UPS for delivery instructions. The crate was held at the UPS Freight dock and a friend with a flat bed trailer and three other friends got it to and in the house. It's a hoss. We opened the crate on the trailer and then brought the parts (tank, sump, cabinet/stand box,and plumbing kit) in piece by piece. I had a 4'x2' dolly that I had made for something else that came in very handy. The tank alone weighs ~240 lbs dry. Take your time. Be sure to get the cabinet/stand level. Get the hinges in the correct places. There's one set that's different than the other two. Go over the instructions once or twice before you start. I've got wood floors so I could slide the stand with the tank and sump with some effort. If you don't have a hard surface floor, run any power extensions as you set the stand in place.

One of the guys had experience with moving large tanks. He's a reefer and probably has frags in most of the reef tanks in the Mobile/Biloxi/Pensacola area. He was impressed with the crating and especially with the sump. No one is thrilled with the delivery situation but after thinking it over I can't see anything that Waterbox, or Red Sea for that matter, can do. Both are at the mercy of the freight haulers at that point and their rules are they deliver to the curb, literally, and then it's yours.

For what it's worth, we got the tank to the house, uncrated, in the house, stand built and leveled and in place, tank and sump in place and plumbed (easy) in one evening after work. Not easy, but doable.

https://www.waterboxaquariums.com/wp...rboxManual.pdf
Greggz and Ken Keating1 like this.

Planted S. Am. Waterbox 190 (141G dispaly w/sump & stand)
{new - in progress }
post #127 of 139 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
OVT
Carpe Diem

@Cichlid-140 - thanks a lot for the info. My current plan is to use an empty 3-car garage as the staging area. It's about 30' away from the tank's intended location. As long as I can get the whole thing into the garage during the delivery, I can take my sweet time with the rest.
post #128 of 139 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 02:28 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
- On another front, I'm thinking of driving to AquaWorkz this Monday afternoon. I currently have no sexy plants to share but would love to see you all, eat some Chocolate Pie, and BS. If anybody wants to meet up then we can argue the time. @aquascape - you are a great companion and your daughter is a Princess and I would love to talk about Stinky with her again.
Would love to see you. Unfortunately I work on Monday and Aria is at her mom's this weekend.
post #129 of 139 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 02:29 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:

Thanks OVT for the update. I'm around on Monday, would enjoy meeting you and everyone else. Would love to hear about your project. I'm in the same boat, hardly any plants to bring as I just trimmed last night. Plus I'm sure I wouldn't be able to fit any more plants into the tank, but I'm also sure my collectoritise syndrome would kick in!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #130 of 139 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 03:13 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
@Cichlid-140 - thanks a lot for the info. My current plan is to use an empty 3-car garage as the staging area. It's about 30' away from the tank's intended location. As long as I can get the whole thing into the garage during the delivery, I can take my sweet time with the rest.
Sounds like a plan.

Planted S. Am. Waterbox 190 (141G dispaly w/sump & stand)
{new - in progress }
post #131 of 139 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 06:05 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:

- The new ETA on the Waterbox 190.5 is by the end of this Friday. They threw in a free T-shirt for a 3-month wait and I plan on using it to wipe off water stains off the glass. Waterbox just announced a new line targeted towards freshwater planted market: https://www.waterboxaquariums.com/freshwater/. The new "Clear" line will have clear silicon (instead of black) and a tank can be bought without a stand. The pricing appears to be identical to their marine line and, the silicon color aside, you get a lot more with the marine version for the same price.

- I bought 3x AI Prime Freshwater and now debating whether to use them on the new tank or Current Satellites that I already have. I am "testing" one AI Prime on an 18" cube and my initial impression is rather mixed, especially with their WiFi-based control app. If somebody wants to play with them, I have one available for a short-term loan.

Ill be in San Francisco in a lecture hall

post #132 of 139 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 02:11 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)
My daughter is a vet med student at Davis, and I will be visiting this weekend. Other than AquaWorkz, are there other lfs to visit. I am looking for plants, and African cichlids. Unfortunately I donít have anything interesting plant wise to offer up for trades or a meetup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2D57936D-E04B-46BF-BC55-D8BB466FD4EB.jpg (152.5 KB, 11 views)
post #133 of 139 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
OVT
Carpe Diem

@frog111, Aquarium Depot is a fun place to visit.

No one said you have to have plants to offer - good company is always welcome, as far as I am concerned.
What plants are you looking for? I might be in Sacramento the same weekend and who knows what hides in my tanks?
post #134 of 139 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 05:09 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)
Thanks. Iím converting the tank in the pic, 90 gallon corner tank, to a planted tank. I removed the driftwood, and am thinking of something more along the lines of iwagumi style. Iím leaning toward lileopsis or dwarf pennywort with a nice sized sword plant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9D17FE88-8A7C-4811-8C3A-A4343939D94C.jpg (286.2 KB, 7 views)
AguaScape likes this.
post #135 of 139 (permalink) Old 02-22-2019, 05:11 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog111 View Post
Thanks. I’m converting the tank in the pic, 90 gallon corner tank, to a planted tank. I removed the driftwood, and am thinking of something more along the lines of iwagumi style. I’m leaning toward lileopsis or dwarf pennywort with a nice sized sword plant.
Really like the shape and dimensions of that tank. It has so much potential. Not saying it is not beautiful already, but more plants could take it to the next level. Great hardscape BTW. I like the little voids beneath the rocks. I am sure your fish like them too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode