The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Filtration for Oceanic 175g bowfront (Trickle vs Canister)
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
crshadow
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (27/100%)
Thanks, for all the input everyone, I really appreciate it. After looking into the Rainbow Lifegard system, I believe its going to be the way to go for me. As for heating, I really like the 1000w Pro Heat II digital titanium heater. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...p;N=2004+22787 Does anyone have any first hand experience with this model? I'm curious as to its dimensions, so I can determine whether it will fit the Lifegard heater module.

Hmm... Something just came to mind... With a 1000 watt heater, plus inevitably 500+ watts of lighting. That's already approximately 1500+ watts of power consumed by this setup. Divide that by ~ 115 volts and it seems this setup is already going to utilize about 13 amps of power, not even including the pump and other accessories. I now wonder whether I am at risk of overloading a single 15amp circuit at home. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong on this?

Thanks,

Jeremiah

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome