The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - I<3<*))))>< 's Learning Experience (Rescape - 9/13)
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
I<3<*))))><
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to I<3<*))))><
... We have shrimp!!!

Juvi Fire Red Shrimp to be exact! Got em in the mail today, bought em off Colorful, who was amazing to work with.

I snapped some pics of them while being acclimated & a few in the Betta's Picotope.

No worries, Master Shredder (the betta) is angry with me and is in my spare Picotope for now. I didn't want to risk putting the shrimplets in with my Badis until they get a tad bigger. So musical tanks it was!! lol

I did clean the tank up yesterday, water change, cleaned the filter and substrate ect ect, but not the glass. I tried, lol... its really stuck on alage. My scrubber wouldn't work. Any suggestions on a scraper would be awesome, I'm a bit worried with the glass curving in the front even that might not cut it.

I also realized I didn't plant my Cyrpt Parva ideally, so I took that up, seperated it and replanted. I like how it looks much better now & should grow better. I even had some extra to put in the Pico.

I have an empty gap in there.... that will be filled with Rotala rotundifolia since my Bacopa wasn't a fan of the Fluval Stratum. I should be getting that in tomorrow.

Still awaiting my Water Lettuce, sometime the USPS just sucks.. lol... for lack of a better word. The package is in my city today, but didn't get delivered, even though my shrimp came. Curious... hrmmmm. Well just hope the Water Lettuce still arrives in half decent shape.

I'll end with a few pics of the tank.

Oh btw... you may see some dog hair in there. I have two extremely fluffy Australian Shepherds, and have open topped tanks. Not smart

Stephanie - RAOK Club #130

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by I<3<*))))><; 06-20-2013 at 11:25 PM. Reason: edited out extra pic

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome