• 1 Post By CommonCurt
  • 3 Post By Bettatail
  • 1 Post By JohnCO2Art

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor

PTrader: (0/0%)
Exclamation Inside our dual stage regulator

A while back while browsing the forum, I came across a few comments that suggested our regulators were not genuinely Dual Stage due to the shape of the regulator body.

Our regulators are very much dual stage. There are many regulators available to aquascapers today and many claim to be dual stage but are often dual guage instead. We wont waste everyones time by discussing the difference but instead take a look at these images of inside our Pro SE regulator. For anyone who had doubts that our regulators were genuine or not, I hope this helps clear the issue up.

If anyone is interested in purchasing any of our regulators, you can just contact me direct and I will assist you.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	904493  

Name:	image-2.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	287.1 KB
ID:	904495  

Attached Images

John Mitchell
Social Media Manager
CO2 Art Ltd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 04:22 PM
Captain

PTrader: (1/100%)
Something I notice with many (most?) manufacturers is a lack of responsiveness or openness. Many times the consumer either can't contact a manufacturer rep, or if they can contact them the response would be considered unsatisfying.

Once in awhile you get a manufacture that will go the extra mile, so to speak, to actually give good customer service. In this case, not only do you get pictures of the inside but you also get the CAD drawings along with a contact name and email address.

- GreggZ Tank Parameters
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-23-2020, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor

Talking

After reading the comments surrounding the validity of our Dual Stage claims, we thought the best response was to share the data and allow everyone to see the facts for themselves. I hope this clears up any of the claims made last month but if anyone does have more questions, please dont hesitate to email me.

John Mitchell
Social Media Manager
CO2 Art Ltd

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-2020, 04:45 AM
Wannabe Guru

Thank you! I had reached out to a person I believe named Carol at your company a while back, but drawings were never supplied. I own a Pro SE regulator but didn't have the bravery to open it up myself.

Thank you for this!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

|
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-2020, 10:31 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCO2Art View Post
A while back while browsing the forum, I came across a few comments that suggested our regulators were not genuinely Dual Stage due to the shape of the regulator body.

Our regulators are very much dual stage. There are many regulators available to aquascapers today and many claim to be dual stage but are often dual guage instead. We wont waste everyones time by discussing the difference but instead take a look at these images of inside our Pro SE regulator. For anyone who had doubts that our regulators were genuine or not, I hope this helps clear the issue up.

If anyone is interested in purchasing any of our regulators, you can just contact me direct and I will assist you.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Thanks for the pictures.
JohnCO2Art likes this.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 08:57 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (90/98%)
John, thanks for the picture.

At the current price point this regulator is a good choice, because it is low cost piston valve design. The diaphragm design regulators cost much higher and to utilize them for aquarium applications, not many people can afford the regulator alone which normally cost $500 or more.

Back in 2013 when the co2 art representative post the diagram of the original co2 art regulator, I mentioned it was a piston valve design, same as those simple flow regulators, then that diagram disappeared. Now after you present the diagram, it is clear this generation of co2 art regulator is still a piston design but more sophisticated than the original, cheaper than diaphragm regulator, also back up with co2art good service and warrantee, I think it is one of the best commercially available co2 regulators that planted tank hobbyists can choose from.
Immortal1, JP Gomes and JohnCO2Art like this.

Canon Pimp Club #17
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2020, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettatail View Post
John, thanks for the picture.

At the current price point this regulator is a good choice, because it is low cost piston valve design. The diaphragm design regulators cost much higher and to utilize them for aquarium applications, not many people can afford the regulator alone which normally cost $500 or more.

Back in 2013 when the co2 art representative post the diagram of the original co2 art regulator, I mentioned it was a piston valve design, same as those simple flow regulators, then that diagram disappeared. Now after you present the diagram, it is clear this generation of co2 art regulator is still a piston design but more sophisticated than the original, cheaper than diaphragm regulator, also back up with co2art good service and warrantee, I think it is one of the best commercially available co2 regulators that planted tank hobbyists can choose from.
Thanks for the feedback BettaTail. We believe in our regulators and by sharing these images, we hope to just clear up some of the negativity that's been popping up recently. Im glad the images were useful.

John Mitchell
Social Media Manager
CO2 Art Ltd

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2020, 01:07 AM
Algae Grower

Is there a difference in the regulator between the pro se and elite ? I know the elite support extra manifolds. Also there were some early complaints about some manifolds (for elite) either leaking or not fitting right - was that use error or a manufacturing defect and if defect has it been fixed ? I have an se for one tank and thinking about getting a second regulator for a tank in another room but a little undecided if i want to add co2 to that tank (it has an onf flat on a 40 - and while the boost in light is making red plants grow well (without co2); i'm a bit worried that co2 would cause some plants to 'overgrow' given the boost the high lights have already provided.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2020, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake21 View Post
Is there a difference in the regulator between the pro se and elite ? I know the elite support extra manifolds. Also there were some early complaints about some manifolds (for elite) either leaking or not fitting right - was that use error or a manufacturing defect and if defect has it been fixed ? I have an se for one tank and thinking about getting a second regulator for a tank in another room but a little undecided if i want to add co2 to that tank (it has an onf flat on a 40 - and while the boost in light is making red plants grow well (without co2); i'm a bit worried that co2 would cause some plants to 'overgrow' given the boost the high lights have already provided.
Hi there,

Here is a comparison chart that shows the differences between both our regulators. I hope this helps.

Any issues with our additional manifolds (for elite) either leaking or not fitting right have been down to user error (not tightening the large nut to the regulator or not using the washer) plus with any regulator form any maker it is always good practise to do a leak test after installation.

Adding C02 to any aquarium it is always going to boost plant growth independent of having good lighting and a good fertilisation regime.

We have an article on our site that is a very good read : -

https://www.co2art.co.uk/pages/suppo...2777c9ab1cd62f
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	C78E8F1F-809C-440D-B29E-A0D837FE47EA_1603971042501.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	904745  

John Mitchell
Social Media Manager
CO2 Art Ltd

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2020, 01:41 PM
Algae Grower

I know about the feature difference between the two products. I was asking if the regulator itself is different or the same hardware with different support components ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCO2Art View Post
Hi there,

Here is a comparison chart that shows the differences between both our regulators. I hope this helps.

Any issues with our additional manifolds (for elite) either leaking or not fitting right have been down to user error (not tightening the large nut to the regulator or not using the washer) plus with any regulator form any maker it is always good practise to do a leak test after installation.

Adding C02 to any aquarium it is always going to boost plant growth independent of having good lighting and a good fertilisation regime.

We have an article on our site that is a very good read : -

https://www.co2art.co.uk/pages/suppo...2777c9ab1cd62f
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2020, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
Sponsor

Hey, The design of each regulator is very similar. The Pro Elite regulator body is larger than the PRO SE which is why it is capable of greater precision. Obviously there is a slight difference externally to allow the additional manifolds to attach - this does not require an internal difference.
jake21 likes this.

John Mitchell
Social Media Manager
CO2 Art Ltd

Tags
clarity, co2 art, dual stage, regulator

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode