C. Flamingo - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 04:46 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (59/100%)
C. Flamingo

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to post pictures of my C. Flamingo and compare pictures with those of the original group buy with Justindew on APC. I want to see how everyone's C. Flamingo is doing.

Post and Share!

C. Flamingo

Close up

Top View

Inside my tank

Sorry, I'm using an iPhone for photos. It's about the best I could do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 04:50 AM
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (101/100%)
Wow, yours has come in pretty nice! I just saw Bills(saddletramp on APC) and his are emergent and super healthy but not nearly as nicely colored as yours is. I wonder if thats due to the submergent growth alot like 'Florida sunset' is? Mine was pink emergent right up until I lost the last one but mine never did convert well or get very big before my accident and I lost them all.

My 65g jungle October rain
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 04:57 AM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (59/100%)
I was very lucky to get a good sized portion from JustinDew as part of my original order. He was nice enough to even give me free shipping, but that's beside the point.

I had enough from the order to make an attempt at trying to grow some emerged and submerged. My emerged C. Flamingo melted and died, but the submerged plant grew and converted fully. For the longest time I had this plant in a very shaded area under some bolbitus inside another tank so it grew green. I recently moved this plant to a tank at my GF's house with a stronger light and the new growths looks way better.

You can see some of the older leaves are still green, but that's because it's grown inside the old tank.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 07:30 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (83/100%)
Best looking C. flamingo I've seen. The colors look like the original ones that stole everyone's heart. I'm curious to see other people's flamingos. Beautiful plant!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 02:40 AM
Collectoritis Patient

PTrader: (203/100%)
Bill got his from me and the color seems to vary greatly even from the same tc cup.

Mine came from this tc cup and I have one that is still hot pink, but 2" tall and hanging on for dear life and another that is darker with faint pink highlights that is absolutely huge and is growing like crazy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
In the D.C., Maryland, or NOVA area? Come check out The Greater Washington Aquatic Plants Association!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode