The Planted Tank Forum banner

Any tips on frogbit?

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  BulletToothBoris 
#1 ·
I got some on the way.

#2 ·
I found mine didn't do so well in heavy current and by the time I figured that out my surface was over taken by dwarf water lettuce. So, maybe allow some stems to reach near the surface (maybe some val type plants to stream the surface) to either block some surface current (if you have them much) or to allow it to grow in the tops of the plants blocking the current...if that makes any sense. I found that I couldn't really reduce my current w/o having algae issues since I have higher lighting.

#11 ·
I have some in an open top 20L and I have to throw half of it out every week it grows so fast. It is a pressurized co2 tank and I dose P/K/Fe/Trace twice a week with low-medium light.

I had it in a closed top aqueon evolve 8 with pretty high humidity/water temps/flow and it did well for a little but actually grew mold on the tops so I took it all out.

I've also grown this is a betta bowl with stagnant water and it grew very well. natural light, no supplementation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.