Mystery Bucephalandra ID - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
Ebi
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (226/100%)
Mystery Bucephalandra ID

Im not to sure if this question popped up, but this is the mystery buce. that wasn't identified from the seller.

What species do you think?

-Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
40B Dutch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ebi's Planted Factory | Rack Build
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Could be 'Sintang'.

Best regards,

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Tankful in Vancouver
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 07:28 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (42/100%)
The species is motleyana. What variety it is though is pretty much anyone's guess.

Once the ID of a Bucephalandra is lost, you pretty much have a 'mutt'. So many of them look so similar that you really can't tell what it is once the ID is lost.

Trying to guess what variety it is and then naming it that, is really doing an injustice to the hobby.

Please don't sell Bucephalandra as a specific variety once the ID is lost. The seller did the right thing by selling it as an unknown variety and it should forever remain as an 'unknown' variety.

The same holds true for wild collected crypts that have an unknown collection location.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2013, 07:32 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (26/100%)
I'm pretty bummed about that as well. Has anyone else tried contacting the seller about the ID?

Piano

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Wannabe Guru

Hey everyone's!!! I found out that the wwh guy that sold us the buces just confirmed that they are in fact Buce brownie red!!!!!!! He just found out from the guy who originally sold them to him!

Piano

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 05:56 AM
Wannabe Guru

See my message to seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwh2694
I didn't know the name first. Until that
Guy told me the name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianofish
Mind if I ask why you listed it as unknown when you sold it?
Just a little curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wwh2694
That's buce brownie red

Piano

Tags
bucephalandra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode