Moss turning yellow - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Deanna

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2020, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Moss turning yellow

I built this tank about 2 months ago. This would be my first attempt at an aquascape like this. Some of the moss on my trees are turning yellow. The moss is still growing but new growth is coming in yellow. It is producing what looks like seeds as well. I really don't have any experience in planted tanks so I'm seeking some advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200525_091129_1590414615961.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	310.1 KB
ID:	898855  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2020, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Any ideas?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2020, 08:19 PM
snails are your friend

PTrader: (13/100%)
Could be a number of things, nutrient deficiency/imbalance, weak lighting, too low of flow around the moss, probably more that I'm not thinking of. Can't tell from the photo, is that Java? What's your fert regimen? Parameters? Very interesting aquascape, btw.

Nothing good happens fast in an ecosystem.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

The tank is a standard 75 gallon. Lighting are the popbloom freshwater turing 30's. There are 3 modules 100w each. I have the max set to 60% output. I paid for Christmas Moss but some of the cups came with Java on them. I think I have a little of both in the tank. Not really sure how to tell the difference. I do water changes with RODI water. Mix with Seachem: Equilibrium, Alkaline Buffer, Acid Buffer and Fresh Trace. PH:7 KH:6 Gh:8 temp 74. I use Seachem: Flourish, Flourish excel and Flourish Trace when doing water change. I am running an aquastation DC5000, 5000 liter pump at full speed to run the waterfalls. I am running a Jeabo DCP-2500 AT 13 watt setting that powers a spray bar at just under water surface level. I have China made CO2 reactor (Baking Soda & Citric Acid). It makes 40kg pressure. I have it set for 1 hrs before lights on and off. The drop checker just starts to change from blue to green but still on the blue side. I could turn up the volume of CO2 if needed. My bucephalandra seems like it is what I would call melting. Weird thing is it's sprouting new leaves in some spots as well. I am new to planted tanks so I at a loss here.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 12:00 AM
Algae Grower

Piggy backing onto this thread. I ordered some Flame Moss online a few weeks ago. It was delayed en route and felt pretty warm on delivery. It's also sort of yellowish. Will it grow in eventually?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 03:41 AM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I use Seachem: Flourish excel
Discontinue the Excel. Excel does not play well with moss. If, after two weeks without Excel, the moss has not recovered, let us know.
evil8 likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2020, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks, will let you know what happens.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode