Does anybody have any experience with Fenestratarum Mulyadii? - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By SoulstormTX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2020, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Does anybody have any experience with Fenestratarum Mulyadii?

So I knew I shouldn't have, but I was browsing buceplant and found a plant called Fenestratarum Mulyadii that I just absolutely love the looks of. I went ahead and bought their mini clump package of it. 3-5 plantlets will be arriving Wednesday. The website describes it as follows:

Quote:
Fenestratarum Mulyadii is a newly discovered genus that is closely related to Aridarum, Piptospatha, and Bucephalandra. Fenestratarum Mulyadii offers visual characteristics that are similar to the popular Bucephalandra species Buce Belindae and Buce Catherinae, but with longer, more slender leaves that slightly ruffled, deep green in color and slightly leathery to touch. Curves in its leaves are more pronounced and sprout more closely together from its thicker, central rhizome. The current sizing observed is around 6-inch leaves in length.
It can be safely assumed that growth is slow and care is similar to Bucephalandra, Aridarum and Piptospatha species. Care requirements include low to medium lighting, quality aquarium plant fertilizer, CO2 injection if possible and consistent aquarium maintenance. Available in both plant and clump portions. Please note that clump portions are much larger in size and quantity.

Notes:

• Fenestratarum Mulyadii is an epiphytic aquarium plant so it can be attached to aquarium hardscape.
  • Fenestratarum Mulyadii is extremely rare and little is known about this particular species. We recommend it for aquarists with experience keeping Bucephalandra, Aridarum and Piptospatha species.

I am unable to find much information about this plant besides a few online stores offering it. No YouTube videos, only one mention of it on this website, etc. I was just wondering if anyone here has experience with it and if you guys have any tips for keeping it healthy once it arrives? Bonus points if you've got pics of it in your tank.

TL;DR: Share your experiences with Fenestratarum Mulyadii.

Sarpijk likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2020, 04:12 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
I just bought some from the same place. Arrived today, what a beautiful plant. They arrived in perfect condition as well. I have them attached to some wood in a lower light part of my tank where I have a couple other species of buce. Lets see how it does. The leaves resemble the leaves of a submerged buce, but slender and ruffled at the edges. It even has those little silverish spots on them.

I also purchased the tissue culture pot of homalomena sp. sekadau south. Apparently related to buce and this new one, but resembles an anubias so far anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2020, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
I just bought some from the same place.
Man, I’d love to see some pics. What were the size of the plants that came in? I’m guessing you bought the “3-5 miniclump” pack?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2020, 07:10 AM
Planted Tank Guru

That’s a very handsome plant.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2020, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Just got mine today. 8 separate plants arrived.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F042E4B0-6AB2-455A-8D91-BB3C3F8CD7DB_1587681649275.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	333.1 KB
ID:	897145  

Name:	1132D64A-20E0-4657-9B6A-C0E42F70ED5D_1587681664632.jpeg
Views:	31
Size:	454.8 KB
ID:	897147  

Name:	0E230647-DC0D-419C-A383-2A9446BADA41_1587681710284.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	347.3 KB
ID:	897149  

Name:	1F674BB4-B1B1-4EF1-9574-F0EC572D9F51_1587681735961.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	387.7 KB
ID:	897151  

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2020, 03:47 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Sorry, somehow I missed your post. So far its holding on, a few new leaves, some of the older leaves have melted off. But doing ok. looks like yours came in very much like mine did.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode