If any of you guys knows whats going on and can help, it would be greatly appreciated, as I'm at my wits end with this tank. All my plants seem to be stunted, and the stem and older leaves of all my plants are turning brown. Photos are at the bottom, below the tank descriptions.
It's a 6.8 gallon high tech tank, that has ran for a year before I rescaped it about a month ago
- fluval 3.0 nano at 75%
- 25-35ppm co2 (drop checker is almost yellow, ph reading is unrealiable)
- EI dosing though autodoser
- Controsoil (half new, half old; with seachem root tabs)
- ph 6.5
- kh 7
- gh 9
- 20~nitrates, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites
- water temperature 74 degrees
- weekly 40-50% water changes
- light on a 6 hour timer, co2 is 1.5 hours ahead.
Plants I have in it are all having issues with algae and growth in general, I have:
- Rotala H'ra, that began showing stunted (twisted and small) growth, with the older stem and leaves turning brown
- Rotala Bonsai, with stems and older leaves melting
- Monte Carlo, which has grown very slowly, with older leaves and stem dying off, turning brown, but newer growth seems ok.
- Dying Buce, leaves turning yellow
I've also played with the EI dosing and lighting for a few weeks, lowering the light seemed to make the algae worse, and changing the micro dosing did not seem to do much. For micros, I was dosing about .6 ppm for the first few weeks, but then bumped it to 1ppm (using CSM + B) last week. I read that some people here seem to believe in csm toxicity while Tom Barr does not, so I'm not sure what to think. Could it be a Macro deficiency? Please let me know