Anubias Congensis Mini - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 03:37 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (19/100%)
Anubias Congensis Mini

Hey all

I recently re scaped my spec v and stumbled on these at buceplant.com. I am unfamiliar with them but thought they looked cool so I ordered one pot. I wish I had gotten more, they are a very cool looking little plant.

I was thinking of trying them in my fluval spec 16 as a foreground plant, anyone know if these have been around for some time or are they something newish?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 10:31 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
I had one from Buce a couple of years ago. Beautiful little plant. Sadly the tank mine was in had a horrible algae outbreak and I ended up ditching it because it was too badly infested. Not sure if it just bad luck or what but any of the less common Anubias species that I try other than A. barteri 'Coffeefolia' and A. nana or A. nana 'Petite' I never have the best success with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

How big was the tank, and how strong was the light? I difuse the light in my anubias tanks and luckily havent had a problem

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 01:53 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
It was a 33 long so pretty low but the light wasn't especially bright. I bought some Crypts from EBay and they brought and algae plague into that tank. Never again. But in general over the years I have tried quite a few different species of Anubias and have not had great results with any but the basic most popular ones (some of which I have had growing for 5 years now).

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2019, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Have your problems been mostly algae or just plant survival in general?
I swear in my case some plants just dont like my water. Some have done well and some dr ont

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode