Plants that live submerged and emerged? - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 07:52 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Mine's not as fancy as those above, but depending on your filter, you may be able to aim to outflow over your plants, which is what's working for me.

This is just a bit of wood hooked over the open output at the back of a fluval flex. Left to right is Anubias Coffeefolia, Java moss (?), Buce sp., Java Fern, Mondo Grass, and a torn up moss ball at the back. All are growing well under the lid - I think the humidity really helps.

ipkiss likes this.

Journal
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 05:43 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelongsnail View Post
Mine's not as fancy as those above, but depending on your filter, you may be able to aim to outflow over your plants, which is what's working for me.

This is just a bit of wood hooked over the open output at the back of a fluval flex. Left to right is Anubias Coffeefolia, Java moss (?), Buce sp., Java Fern, Mondo Grass, and a torn up moss ball at the back. All are growing well under the lid - I think the humidity really helps.

Very nice! Your coffeefolia seems happy. has a spathe about to open!
Thelongsnail likes this.

Due to photobuckets new bs cost for use of images on forums I have deleted all photobucket accounts. I apologize if you enjoyed or found my photos helpful.

~
~
~
~
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

@Thelongsnail Just so I can understand, you put a piece of wood over the nozzle? How did you get it to stay? Does the current hit any plants directly?

get out of my house

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 09:35 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

@Ryan Mosby I had a bit of wood that naturally had a slight hook, so I managed to wedge it in and pad it with the torn up moss ball. It's stable but more balanced in position rather than permanently attached.

The current goes over the moss ball bits directly, and goes over the roots of the buce and java fern. Everything else just has its roots in the water and the moss just sort of appeared by itself - I suppose there were spores either in the water or on the wood.

Oh and as said by someone previously - it does get a fair amount of hair algae around the water line, but this is easily removed and my water lettuce roots cover it anyway.

Journal

Tags
emerged growth, low tech plants

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode