• 2 Post By cyber_ecco
  • 2 Post By OVT
  • 1 Post By PlantedRich

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Inkbird Temperature controller

If anyone wants to use temperature controllers on their aquariums to avoid a malfunctioning heater from cooking your tank, Inkbird has a new aquarium model out with proper aquarium probe. They are offering a special 18% off code for Amazon. Go to the following Amazon link and enter code: JJFQCH3K and get 18% off: (Please note: I do not work for them so please don't message me with specific item questions).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KgR8f-ePTKWTgs
Leeatl and microm3gas like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 11:08 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
~~~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Hyzer; 05-03-2019 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Incorrect info
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 05:51 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyzer View Post
Our engine detects that in general the reviewers have a suspiciously positive sentiment.
Our engine has profiled the reviewer patterns and has determined that there is high deception involved.
Our engine has analyzed and discovered that 45.4% of the reviews are reliable.
I can tell you this, I wouldn't have one on my tank. They don't hold temps well at all. They swing 2 degrees even when set for 1 degree, not good on a reef tank and quarantine tank for marine fish. Caveat emptor!

"The sea, the great unifier, is man's only hope. Now, as never before,
the old phrase has a literal meaning: We are all in the same boat."

Jacques Cousteau

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 03:32 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (39/100%)
I don't have that issue with mine.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 11:19 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
I have one on my reef tank and one on my freshwater tank both work great for over 3 years on my reef tank and 6 months on the fresh tank.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 10:32 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Our engine detects that in general the reviewers have a suspiciously positive sentiment.
Our engine has profiled the reviewer patterns and has determined that there is high deception involved.
Our engine has analyzed and discovered that 45.4% of the reviews are reliable.
As a user of several Inkbird, I have to say this sounds like a silly report. Computer programs can be made to give any results that are set up. But if you do read lots of forums, you will find lots of guys like me who promote the idea that a controller is "required" if you want to avoid losing a tank full of fish and the Inkbird are the best I've used. I have no incentive to promote them. Can the person who uses the internet to promote their ideas while accepting ads say the same?
QUOTE:
Maybe a little more human thought would tell you that is because the controller is the best we've used!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 02:55 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantedRich View Post
I have no incentive to promote them. Can the person who uses the internet to promote their ideas while accepting ads say the same?
The ad caught my attention because I know how important a fail-safe is. I spent more than I probably should have for a temp controller recently. Can you tell I was looking for affirmation?

It's kind of sad that I can't click an Amazon link without verifying reviews. How accurate are the review verification sites? I don't know. Looks like they may have this one wrong. Your defense of the product (along with others) and this resulting conversation will prove to be better advertisement than the original post.

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 03:41 AM
OVT
Carpe Diem

PTrader: (144/100%)
Quote:
That whole sentence just irks me. Posting it with no attribution or comment is just low.

Ink Bird makes good products and I use them.
Leeatl and AguaScape like this.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 04:39 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
The ad caught my attention because I know how important a fail-safe is. I spent more than I probably should have for a temp controller recently. Can you tell I was looking for affirmation?

It's kind of sad that I can't click an Amazon link without verifying reviews. How accurate are the review verification sites? I don't know. Looks like they may have this one wrong. Your defense of the product (along with others) and this resulting conversation will prove to be better advertisement than the original post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVT View Post
That whole sentence just irks me. Posting it with no attribution or comment is just low.

Ink Bird makes good products and I use them.
Cheers!

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 03:06 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
There seems to be a major problem with critical thinking on this. Anybody who looks at reviews from the internet and puts much weight into that as a way to value a purchase is simply missing the whole point of much of the content of the internet. More than half of the internet content is meant to mislead us and should be ignored or at very least questioned. The 2016 elections should certainly have taught us a lesson on critical thinking! No matter which end of that argument, one can be certain that we were all mislead and should be more careful.
Bunsen Honeydew likes this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode