Thread: Bamboo Shrimp
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 07:23 PM
spypet
Banned

PTrader: (56/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xt0rted View Post
I bought 2 of these a month and a half ago. One turned up dead a day or so after i got them, the other is still alive and well. Only thing is it hides and is never out. He hides inside the rocks I have for my pleco.
Bamboo shrimp must be acclimated in a separate container of store/tank water very gradually over several hours, which might be why you lost one. They are very sensitive even during your weekly water changes.

The survivor is probably a male, as the females are much more day active. Whenever sexing is possible, no matter what species, I find it's best to get female shrimp if you want them to be more day active.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome