Planted Tank Enthusiast
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: California for school, Arkansas for home
Can you get sick from mineralizing soil?
So because I can't mineralize soil in the garage because of my sisters' dogs, I decided to mineralize it in my room. I soaked the dirt using waste RO/DI water, and am currently in the process of drying it. My dad came in, and made a bit of a deal about it, claiming I'd get histoplasmosis from it. I'm obviously not getting sick anytime soon, but is it possible to get sick from dirt? Honestly, I was more scared of a parasite than a fungus, but what are the chances of me getting sick? I don't think they're very high, since the soil was soaked and "rinsed" for a while, and any fungal/bacterial spores and/or parasite eggs should've died/been rinsed off by now, right?
So many fish to keep, not enough aquaria.