FloraMax... does it need a sand cap? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2015, 03:03 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
FloraMax... does it need a sand cap?

So I purchased a bag of FloraMax to use as a substrate for a low light Betta community tank . Going to only have some Anacharis and Anubias nana as far as plants go in the tank.

What I am trying to figure out is do I need to or should I mix some black sand with it or should I cap it with the sand.

I appreciate the feedback.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Torn down 10/2018

Current Build
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2015, 03:28 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Nope, you don't need to mix it with anything in order for it to work. Capping is up to you. Some people choose to cap their nutrient substrates and some don't.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2015, 03:33 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Thanks for the reply Blackheart.

I guess my next question would be... would here be a benefit or a detriment to putting a cap over it... and if I were to do so. How deep should the cap be?

Torn down 10/2018

Current Build

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2015, 05:44 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
It would be a detriment. The sand will make it's way to the bottom and the larger FloraMax will rise to the top.

Just do FloraMax, and attach the nana to a rock or driftwood.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode