corrupted eco-complete? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
corrupted eco-complete?

Hi,I'm new here and new in planted tanks.i am about to setting a planted tank here and digging every usefull info online.
Here in Turkey we dont have much of a choice as planted substrate.U can find only seachem flourite red,onyx sand,aquaclay,prodac products,jbl aquabase...No ADA,soilmaster or eco complete substrate..Dispite this i have found in my LFS eco_complete bags..Asked the owner about them he refuses to answer where he found and said that this is a product that he will not continue to find and sell..İ get suspicied but bought 3 bags for my 40 gallon tank..
Then i came to home and do a little research online and find that there is a quality issue about eco as high phosphate levels and milky water color..İ am asking your help about this situation..These are the pics of my ecos..Are they any good or these are the corrupted products?İ cant call caribsea and ask about to change my products ..Only thing i can do is return to my LFS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (15/86%)
that does not look good. I would return it.

This user has been suspended indefinitely due to the abuse of the Swap and Shop forum.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-26-2008, 10:20 PM
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)
Welcome to TPT! Glad to have you!

I agree- I'd send that back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 04:17 AM
are you experienced?

PTrader: (108/98%)
i can only think that its algae in that bag from old hot stock!
return it and ask to order it fresh!!!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
thanks for your quick answers and i am glad to be here to ..As i said b4 the only thing i can do in this situation is return them and ask 4 my money back..There arent any distributor 4 this product in Turkey..
This muddy,milky color appears only when i shaked the bags..İf they sit still 4 10 min the water become clear..
Is it the only corrupted about this product is the high phosphate content?.Maybe i can open one bag and test the phosphate level of product..Is this enough to understand it is corrupted or not?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (96/100%)
I wouldn't test anything here. That just looks nasty.

Here is my take on it, you have two choices. Return it, get your money back and try something else.

Or...

Drain off the water in the bags and rinse with tap water to kill off any bacteria in the substrate and make it inert. Even then, I am not sure that you wont have a problem with it.

I would say option #1 is the way to go though.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode