anyone used Sera Flore Depot - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via Yahoo to ikuzo
anyone used Sera Flore Depot

there's those white tablets mixed with the base fertilizers. are they usable as root tabs or just some stuff to absorb the moisture to keep the product dry?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 09:07 AM
Algae Grower

I use sera floradepot. İt is very bad.

I think, JBL aquabasis really good.

Tunc SONMEZOGLU
Istanbul/Turkiye
Istanbul Aquarium Club Moderator

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

it's still didn't answer my question is the grey tablets useable?

how bad is it? do you get bad results on your plants?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 07:45 AM
Wannabe Guru

I find it better in concentrated uses. I've used it in a 33gl bowfront and it didnt do much, but when I used it in my 2.5gl it made my plants go boom. I do not think it is worth the price (or the price I paid for my tub), but if you are going to do a bunch of nano's, I think it works fine if not good.

"You think you have tomorrow, but when tomorrow comes it's not tomorrow; it's now- and that's all you have" - Marc Johnson
Ehei-Pimpfen 276 yo!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

strange, the sera price here is a lot cheaper than any other brand of base ferts. jbl and dennerle cost too much here.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to medicineman
You may want to wait for some time if price is a concern.
I have my own line of base fert to play havoc into the local market.

Brownish concentrate granules.

Must mix it well with a layer of gravel/sand as the most bottom part, then cap it off with your regular gravel.

It is good that you are near, easier to ship and try.

Anyway, have used both sera and JBL lines.
Sera floredepot
JBL aquabasis or JBL florapol
I say JBL still is better, the price difference is worth the result (dont compare to denerle base fert as it is of different class).

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

yes i have heard that you're producing the first batch of base fertilizer in Jakarta and still on the trial period. for your information i'm using your liquid ferts and it works great. i'm hoping the next batch soon...

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Wannabe Guru

My tub of Sera Flora was I think $27 at the time, and for the size of the tub and the cost of it, it is not worth buying for a big tank.

"You think you have tomorrow, but when tomorrow comes it's not tomorrow; it's now- and that's all you have" - Marc Johnson
Ehei-Pimpfen 276 yo!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

around $14 here 5 kg package. i hate the reading inside saying that the base ferts usually last for 3 weeks. my HC carpet won't be full just in 3 weeks, then i have to replace the base ferts? come on...

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode