ammonia and ADA aquasoil.. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (33/100%)
ammonia and ADA aquasoil..

Hi all,
I know, I know, there seems to be more and more increasing posts about ADA Aqua Soil, but i have another. I know there have been posts about the effects of AS on the water but I had one on how ammonia shows up so quickly.
I just laid down my Powersand and Aquasoil last night and filled up the tank. The next day I tested the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate and getting high levels on all of them.
ammonia: 4ppm
nitrite:.25
nitrate: 30

How long will this be an issue? I have partially seeded Rena Filstar running on it right now.
Should I do a WC or let the tank run its course? I dont have cloudy water just tannins fromt he driftwood are darkening the water.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 01:32 AM
Algae Eater

PTrader: (249/100%)
Are there any fish or shrimp it there, if not I wouldnt worry about it at all. If yes just do 20-30% water changes every day or every other day

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 01:35 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

no fish o shrimp in there just yet. I ran out of prime so Ill have to change the water tommorow. How long before its safe to intriduce shrimp/fish? Should i wait until all parameters level out?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 01:43 AM
Algae Eater

PTrader: (249/100%)
I would wait a few weeks, maybe 2. If there arent any fish I would do a water change every 5 days and let the tank settle before adding things. No point in rushing. The plants will eat most of it up and grow like crazy

|
|
|
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Sounds like a plan! Ill be posting pics on my journal in a bit.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2007, 03:03 AM

PTrader: (2/100%)
Awesome, I have the exact same issue as PeteyPob right now. . . glad to know these levels arent harmful to my plants. =] I can rest easy tonight.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode