Aquariumplants.com substrate - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)
Aquariumplants.com substrate

I was looking around over on aquariumplants.com and I noticed they sell a 5 gallon bucket full of their own kind of substrate and I was wondering if anyone has used this or not.

I am unsure as to what it is but from the small pictures they provide it looks like soilmaster select charcoal to me but I don't know for sure. Just thought I would ask if anyone as used it or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 06:45 AM
Planted Tank Guru

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ge...lants-com.html

The thread was locked as the discussion turned away from the substrate toward the business practices of the vendor.

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/su...select-ph.html

This thread discusses the KH/pH reduction effects that Soilmaster Select and the Aquariumplants.com substrate seem to demonstrate.

There may be a few others, but these two will get you the genereal info on the product.

óBill

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2007, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Sorry should have used the search option. Thanks for the links!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2007, 11:45 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (42/100%)
Compared to my SMS, it looks like the same thing to me, or it's turface. I'm positive it's just another fired clay with high CEC, Question is, do they add anything to it?

Does that stuff come wet?

Regarding the posts I see comparing it to all the other clay alternatives and questioning whether it's being relabeled, I wonder if it's just a situation where the source of many companies' products is one huge distributer linked directly to the mines where these clays come from. This happens in all sorts of markets, where you can buy two separate products that consist of materials from the same source.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 02:50 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
Its water qualites are like SMS, not Turface, though they look alike according to the posts. As such, it is reported to soften the water column considerably. Most think it is infact repackaged SMS. Profile makes Turface. Another company makes SMS, which is distributed by Lesco.

Three Tanks...Eheim 2128 & XP3-90G, Eheim 2128-65G, Eheim 2232-25G.... Tek 4x54 watt T5-90G, Aqualight 96watt PC 65G low tech, 65 watt Aqualight-25G.... Hydors-90G & 65G ... Flourite in 90, 65, & 25 Gallons, .... Auto Water Change/Auto dosing on 90 & 65 gallon..... AGA member......
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 07:52 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
It comes Dry.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode