eco complete problem - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
eco complete problem

it raised my kh up to 15 is this normal and im having an algae problem because of this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 10:02 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (48/100%)
Its temporary with eco complete. Do some water changes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 12:26 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (51/100%)
Send a message via AIM to mrbelvedere Send a message via Yahoo to mrbelvedere
Algae doesn't have anything to do with kH. Unless you have a tank full of Tonina that suddenly stopped growing because of it.

It loves all water.

In college....so no aquariums for a while.....

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 12:42 AM
Wannabe Guru

that is true, to make things clear I was just refering to his kH.

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

i just thought that if my plants doesnt like kh which will include high ph they wont grow as well as they should have, i have co2 by the way
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

pls correct me if im wrong
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 03:16 PM
Wannabe Guru

Certain plants but not all.

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 04:10 PM

PTrader: (59/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bienlim View Post
i just thought that if my plants doesnt like kh which will include high ph they wont grow as well as they should have, i have co2 by the way
The co2 should bring the pH down for you, and the kh is temporary. Do water changes and dose your ferts. Algae is more of a CO2 and nutrient lack than KH issue. WHat is your lighting schedule? I would perhaps lower your light time during this adjustment period.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

thanks guys i will try to increase my co2 and see what happens
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 05:44 PM

keep an eye on your fish~ If they go up to the surface turn it down. I am more interested in you lowering your photoperiod during the instability, so you can minimize algae.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 08:48 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bienlim View Post
it raised my kh up to 15 is this normal and im having an algae problem because of this
Mine is still way too high at 25dH. Thats after lots of weekly water changes over the last 6 months. Measure your phosphate to see if you have been using phosphoric acid contaminated bags of EC. You can then contact Carib Sea about it. They gave me a refund but could also send you new bags ...
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)
I have to say that I'm very impressed with Carib-Sea's customer service. After my current problems with the EC, I was planning on writing off the company for good. I emailed them my problems and that I had lost significant time and money trying to deal with the phosphate problem. They sent me a refund without a receipt and even sent significantly more money than I spent on the two bags of substrate because of my plant and fish losses. How many companies would do that?

This is the kind of company I would and will continue to buy stuff from ...
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 05:20 PM

PTrader: (5/100%)
I also had a problem with my EC and they were very helpful and sent me replacements without trouble. The new bags still raised my KH but not nearly as much as the first ones.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 06:16 PM

I had mine replaced, no questions asked, and my new bags were just fine. They have amazing customer service.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Sounds like there was(is) one very bad batch out there. Kudos for the great service though...that's rare!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode