Florapol Ground Fertilizer - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2003, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hey guys. I am about to get into plants again and have a question. I have a container of fertilizer I bought about 2 years ago sitting around.

Its from JBL, its called Florapol. Im wandering if its suitable to use?
It states it contains iron and other trace elements, with a depot effect of 3 years. Its granule and grey in colour.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 11:30 AM
Planted Member

I got a tub too .

It will be good stuff. I think you mix that with gravel (1:5?). Im going to put this over JBL aquabasis, with a thinlayer of plain gravel on top.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 04:06 AM

Are you guys located in the US and if so where did you get the stuff?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 06:59 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
I don't think it's available in the US...I think sanj and Bronx are from England?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 07:35 AM

hey raul
haha ok. man i wish us in the US would get more stuff.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Algae Grower

Has this made it's way over to the US yet?? I would love to get my hands on some...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I don't believe so, with Seachem and API getting much market share, I don't think retailers try to import from the UK.

Luckily, Hong Kong gets everything, I've seen Florapol at the fish street, may try it out after I run out of Root Medic's fert tabs. I currently use their JBL Kugein (round mud balls), seems to be working well, and they are supposed to last a year.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 06:34 PM
Algae Grower

Thanks Chiefroastbeef... are you in the states? I reallty would like to try Wabi-Kusa.. any suggestions on what I can use that I can find in the USA?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiewags View Post
Thanks Chiefroastbeef... are you in the states? I reallty would like to try Wabi-Kusa.. any suggestions on what I can use that I can find in the USA?
Currently in the States. If you are doing a Wabi-Kusa (I want to do one too, with some shrimp in it), you can just got to Lowe's gardening section, and they sell Osmocote fertilizer. They are little balls of fertilizer. Many people freeze them with water, or put them in pill gel caps and place them deep in the substrate.

If you are starting it, I'm sure you can just place a layer of it towards the bottom below your soil.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 12:50 AM
Algae Grower

Thanks again. I picked up some at home depot and some peat moss as well..if you want some I can ship some to you, i have more than enough. Any ideas of what to use for the clay balls? I appreciate your help.

Thinking about using these products found in the USA-
Peat moss
Aquasoil Amazonia
Osmocote

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode