ADA Amazonia 9L Online - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)
ADA Amazonia 9L Online

Anyone know where to buy ADA Amazonia online for a decent price (< $40 per 9L bag)?

Most places I've found charge a lot more.

The stores around here do not have any in stock until the end of the month.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 11:44 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
I've never seen it anywhere cheaper from an online store.

The extra $7.95 from adgshop.com is stopping you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 11:45 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
AFA, but they're sold out atm. Thats about the only place I know.
$30.. plus cost to ship.

Last edited by chocological; 07-10-2013 at 11:46 PM. Reason: cost.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 11:48 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocological View Post
AFA, but they're sold out atm. Thats about the only place I know.
$30.. plus cost to ship.
Their shipping puts it at the same price as adgshop.com, who has it in stock.

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherHobby View Post
Their shipping puts it at the same price as adgshop.com, who has it in stock.
Oh man I had no idea the shipping from AFA was so high! (I usually just go to the store )

Guess I'll just work on an emersed setup for my plants while I wait for them to get stock. An extra $17 a bag is a lot, that's another small bag :P

Thanks for the replies.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 12:08 AM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (487/100%)
Since the shipping is based on weight, you can't really beat the prices any of the retailers have.

If you're in CA or on the west coast, AFA is obviously going to be cheaper. Though, in some weird fluke, AFA is cheaper for me in Kentucky than ADG - which is way closer. Think it's because ADG weirdly builds shipping into the price, which ends up costing more.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 12:21 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)
If you go to AFA, a 9L bag will cost ~$41 total. If you buy from AFA's website, total shipping cost is ~$42.

If you want to drop in, make a call to them. They were out of stock of Amazonia online, I called them and they had three 9L bags in store.

|
|
|
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 12:30 AM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatshocked View Post
Since the shipping is based on weight, you can't really beat the prices any of the retailers have.

If you're in CA or on the west coast, AFA is obviously going to be cheaper. Though, in some weird fluke, AFA is cheaper for me in Kentucky than ADG - which is way closer. Think it's because ADG weirdly builds shipping into the price, which ends up costing more.
When I checked for MN when both had it in stock, price was within a penny if I recall correctly. Go figure.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 01:29 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
I did some maths. Gonna need six bags. AFA was cheapest, including shipping.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 01:35 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)
Aren't ADG's 9L bags like $50?

"Boulders-Upon-Meadow"

My Golden Rule of planted tanks: WWTAD-
"What would Takashi Amano do?"

RAOK Club #69
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 12:25 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
$47.95 but that includes shipping. The $30 AFA price does not so the cheaper would depend on destination. Amazonia is out of stock at AFA but I checked shipping on another 9l bag and the total would have been $53 to NJ.

Last edited by Jack Gilvey; 07-13-2013 at 12:37 PM. Reason: addendum
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (29/100%)
I just received a 9l bag from ADG for $47.95 shipping included (3 day FedEx shipping).
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 10:54 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
When you guys called AFA to check price on the amazonia. did they ever mention when they will get more instore?
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 10:58 PM
h4n
Banned

PTrader: (713/100%)
ADI one of our sponsors has it also.

-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 11:02 PM
SCAPEr

PTrader: (2/100%)
OP where do you live in Cali? Just FYI $30 at AFA is only online price. I took a trip to AFA From Los Angeles and found out the price is $42 from the shelf. The owner said they put $30 online to encourage online buyers.

|

|
|

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode