Where to buy ADA Aqua soil. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Where to buy ADA Aqua soil.

Any reccomendations on where to buy this stuff?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 02:35 AM
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 04:42 AM

PTrader: (2/100%)
I'm fairly certain there are websites which sell it aswell.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 05:34 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (67/100%)
Send a message via AIM to ringram
Too bad its not more available in LFS's. Shipping is expensive.

90g journal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

---------------------------------------------------
SFBAAPS member -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SAPS member -
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-02-2006, 12:14 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (22/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringram View Post
Too bad its not more available in LFS's. Shipping is expensive.
Yea, but trust me, I only found it in 1 LFS, and it was much more expensive (~40) Still, not a bad deal compared with EC or Flourite since the 9 litres is worth 2 - 3 bags.

Walter

and
or my
Proud former member of:

--May the floor under your tank always be dry, and your glass clear!!!
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 05:59 PM

PTrader: (5/100%)
Hmm, I have really been thinking about ADA aquasoil since its talked so highly about here, so I just calculated what it would cost for my new project, the 150XH (same 4'x2' footprint like a 120g). Figuring an average depth of about 5" I figured I'd need about 90 liters. At $26 per 9L from the sight linked above thats $260! Yeeks. Not including shipping. Hopefully there is a cheaper source online somewhere??? Flourite will run me ~$180, but I was hoping for the black-look and hear so may good things about ADA. Well I guess $80 difference isnt too bad if its actually better... after shipping though I'd have probably $300 or more in the dang substrate.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 06:30 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy loaches View Post
Hmm, I have really been thinking about ADA aquasoil since its talked so highly about here, so I just calculated what it would cost for my new project, the 150XH (same 4'x2' footprint like a 120g). Figuring an average depth of about 5" I figured I'd need about 90 liters. At $26 per 9L from the sight linked above thats $260! Yeeks. Not including shipping. Hopefully there is a cheaper source online somewhere??? Flourite will run me ~$180, but I was hoping for the black-look and hear so may good things about ADA. Well I guess $80 difference isnt too bad if its actually better... after shipping though I'd have probably $300 or more in the dang substrate.
You definitely don't need that much Aquasoil, 10 bags (90L) is even more then needed for a 180 gallon (6' x 2' layout). According to the tank/aquasoil chart on ADGshop, substrate depth comes out to be just over 3" with powersand. So you'll need 5 9L bags with powersand.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (60/100%)
i have a 120 with that footprint and used only 5 bags of ADA, also stick with the standard AS and dont use any of the powder type as its too light and tends for fly around alot in the current, and compacts as well. good luck, my HC and erios grow like mad in the the stuff.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-06-2006, 11:57 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
Anybody have an idea of how many liters i would need for 55g standard 48" tank? Thanks -Derel
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 03:43 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekj03 View Post
Anybody have an idea of how many liters i would need for 55g standard 48" tank? Thanks -Derel
4-9L bags will be enough.

also ADG is not the only place you can buy ADA products. check out Aqua forest in San Francisco.

aquaforestaquarium.com

post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 04:15 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (67/100%)
Send a message via AIM to ringram
If 5 9L bags is enough for a 48x24 tank, I would assume that a 48x13 (55g) would only need about 3. My tank is 48x18 (90g) and folks have been saying that 4 is about right for that.

90g journal:

---------------------------------------------------
SFBAAPS member -

SAPS member -
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 04:20 AM

PTrader: (5/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhavoc View Post
i have a 120 with that footprint and used only 5 bags of ADA, also stick with the standard AS and dont use any of the powder type as its too light and tends for fly around alot in the current, and compacts as well. good luck, my HC and erios grow like mad in the the stuff.
You didnt mention how deep your substrate was? When I mentioned I needed 10 bags I was using a 5" depth like I mentioned and calculated it out - its not rocket science, just simple math, unless 9L is innacurate for what one bag of AquaSoil fills. Most people are happy with half the depth I want, that might explain why you use 5 bags and I calculate 10 bags.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-05-2006, 03:41 PM

PTrader: (22/100%)
Go with Aqua Design Amano USA/ADGshop.com- now available in the U.S.A, prouldy offered by Aquarium Design Group. The finest planted aquarium products.

Great service, great shipping rates. Run by the Senske Brothers who own Aquarium Design Group and use ADA products all the time. They are EXTREMELY knowledgeable regarding planted aquaria and will answer all of your questions you may have about using the ADA products. If you talk to them tell them Wood says hello They are really cool guys.

-Ryan
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (120/100%)
If you go with ADGshop.com I would look into buying bags in groups of 3 9L bags . When shipping to arizona anyways the shipping per bag is cheapest when you order 3 9L bags. Also check out aquaforestaquarium.com. There shipping is also cheapest when buying 3 bags (must have to do with weight levels) but was like $4 cheaper then ADG. When buying and ADA tank though Aquaforest HANDS DOWN. For a 90cm tank it was literally $100 cheaper shipping through Aquaforest.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-13-2006, 05:02 PM
Banned

PTrader: (56/100%)
good to know aquaforestaquarium shipping is cheaper.
i hate how you have to register there just to find out
how much the shipping will be.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode