How to use/dose Penac P and Penac W - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (38/100%)
How to use/dose Penac P and Penac W

I am interested in how to dose both of these porducts. The intructions are not in English so I cannot read them. I have tried looking all over online including on the Plocher website. I cannot find anywhere how much to use for what area or volume of water. Also do I use the W for the water column or the P. Or do I use both? I understand that both are placed under the substrate and a light coating. The part that I am lost on is dosing the water column and at what amounts? Any help would be great.

PS-I dont want to start a debate about its effectiveness or why I should use it at all. I just thought I would try it out and see for myself. Please keep all unrelated posts about the Penac line somewhere else. I am only interested in what others have done while using it. Thank you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 01:09 AM
Are these real?

PTrader: (192/100%)
Do you have a link or something, I might be able to help you translating if it isn't too much...

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

I would have to take a picture of the instructions. I am not sure if its chinese or japanese or what. It may have more than one language on it.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 07:52 PM

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hi,

I have been using Penac-W for 2 months now, 2g/60liter monthly, following the dosing instruction provided. Here is the full description and the dosing instruction supplied in the package.

Penac W/for aquarium

Penac W/for aquarium is a product specially designed for aquarium use by Plocher Vertriebs GmbH, Germany, based on its PLOCHER ENERGY SYSTEM. By sustaining the original oscillatory pattern of water, Penac W /for aquarium reactivates the aquarium water and stimulates the activities of aerobic bacteria which are essential for the balanced conditions within an aquarium. Applying Penac W/ for aquarium in the substrate at the setup, increases the amount of dissolved oxygen and activates the aerobic bacteria within the substrate. As a result, the hardening of the substrate is prevented and amount of sludge decreases, which makes long term maintenance possible.

Usage

Using the supplied spoon in the package, simply add one level spoon (approximately 2 g) of Penac W / for aquarium for 60 lit. of aquarium water at every water change or regularly at an interval no longer than 4 weeks.

When applying to the substrate at setup, sprinkle Penac W/for aquarium evenly at the very bottom of the aquarium tank, beneath Power Sand, bacter 100, or Aqua Soi. The recommended dosage is : 3 level spoons for 60 lit. aquarium, 9 level spoons of 180 lit. aquarium and so on.

Cautions

The aquarium water becomes cloudy when Penac W/for aquarium is added directly. This is normal. With a filter functioning properly, this cloudiness disappears shortly
It is recommendable to remove excessive silt or sludge on the substrate on in the filter prior to the application of Penac W/for aquarium.
Store Penac W/for aquarium always dry on a wooden shelf or a board.

Ingredients

SiO2 99.2% Al2O3 0.42% Fe2O3 0.021% TiO2 0.03%
K2O 0.11% NaO2 0.01% CaO 0.02% MgO 0.02%

Penac-P, I use only when starting a new tank, go under the AS.

Best Regards
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2006, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

thank you Nasfish..u are truely awesome! that is exactly what I was looking for.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 07:25 PM
Algae Grower

Hey All
This is a great forum and one ive been reading alot over the past few months. Ive started my first ever planted tank. I will start a new post about that later ) However i wanted to tag onto this old thread and ask a question.

Ive been using Penac W every month in the water column while my tank has matured. Last week i introduced some cherry shrimp and im not ready (three months down the line) to introduce fish.

I wanted to ask...

Is it safe to dose PenacW with fish in the tank?

Whats the best way to dose it? I currently add / mix it in a bucket with the water im adding to the tank during a water change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mario
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 07:43 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariocirillo View Post
Hey All
This is a great forum and one ive been reading alot over the past few months. Ive started my first ever planted tank. I will start a new post about that later ) However i wanted to tag onto this old thread and ask a question.

Ive been using Penac W every month in the water column while my tank has matured. Last week i introduced some cherry shrimp and im not ready (three months down the line) to introduce fish.

I wanted to ask...

Is it safe to dose PenacW with fish in the tank?

Whats the best way to dose it? I currently add / mix it in a bucket with the water im adding to the tank during a water change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mario
Wow 7.5year necro ftw! But WELCOME to TPT! You may find these instructions useful. Looks like its certified to not harm fish and can be used monthly. I just got some myself but tank isnt quite ready to add it. Hope this helps
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 08:15 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkinator View Post
Wow 7.5year necro ftw!
haha thought it was better than starting a new thread
Thanks for the link! I will have a read now

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode