Fluval STRATUM - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-17-2013, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Fluval STRATUM

Hey guys, coming at you with another question, I just wanted to know if I should use Fluval STRATUM in my up coming 10 gallon Aqueon shrimp tank. I'm thinking to grow HC,Riccia, Rotala, and some other plants. I will have high lights and pressurized co2. I wanted to do this "High Tech" tank right. If it is adequete, which size bag should I use for about 3 inches of substrate? Where can I get it? Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 12:22 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (14/100%)
fluval stratum is pretty good, if you want to spend the extra money, ada amazonia is little less than 40 shipped from adana-usa.com
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 12:44 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Re: Fluval STRATUM

The ammazonia from what I have read is more consistent in its batches to.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Sump Pimp #8
RAOK Clubber #28

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 12:54 AM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (487/100%)
Fluval Shrimp Stratum will basically require the use of root tabs or fertilizer dosing, as it contains no nutrition for plants. Also tends to break down more quickly than Aquasoil.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 02:28 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)
Yea get Aquasoil. It's just a bit more expensive and lasts longer.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I might go with the aquasoil, but I'll have to do some research.
I was going to use fertilizers and root tabs anyways. It's a substrate designed for shimp tanks.
Thanks!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)
Another great thing about AS is that it buffers the pH to like 6.8 or something
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2013, 07:56 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (487/100%)
Aquasoil should buffer much lower than 6.8. It's well below 6 when using RO/DI water. Probably closer to 6 or 6.2 for most people using tap water - unless they've got really hard water.

GodofFishtanks: A lot of us on the forum are experienced shrimp keepers. Check out the Shrimp section for more details. And do a couple forum searches for Fluval Shrimp Stratum - am certain you'll find that you can get a better bang for your buck.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode