ADA 5 Elements - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
ADA 5 Elements

Hey guys,

I have a quick question for you. I am working on a new 30 Gallon Long planted Tank.
My plan is to use 2 bags of ADA - Amazonia and a bag of ADA Power Sand special.

My question is. Should I get the 5 elements? If if so how much would i need ? 5grams? 200 grams?
My tank dimension is 48x12x12 inches

ADA Clear Super
Improves water quality while promoting the growth of beneficial bacteria. A highly refined activated carbon powder mixed with several nutrients that promote the growth of beneficial nutrifying bacteria. Supplying some to the substrate and some to the water, Clear Super absorbs excess organic substances and promotes the appearance of nitrifying bacteria. Clear Super thus removes organic substances from within the aquarium and keeps the water crystal clear. Highly effective when added at the bottom of the substrate with Bacter 100.
ADA Tourmaline BC
Turmaline is a mineral compound of iron, aluminium, sodium, boron, lithium and magnesium which are gradually dissolved, enriching water of important elements. Turmaline BC is an electrostatic mineral that increases roots plant nutrition. In particular Glossostigma Elatinoides grows 50% more than its normal development.
ADA Bacter 100
Containing more than 100 different kinds of micro organisms in a dormant state. Bacter 100 improves the conditions in the substrate and the aquarium water and then stabilizes the eco-system within the aquarium. To be applied at the bottom of the substrate at setup or to the aquarium water when necessary.
ADA Penac-P
Through intensified development of the hair roots and soil microbes, the supply of nutrients in the plant is optimised. Greener leaf colouring of the leaves shows an increased ability for photosynthesis. Together with the optimised nutrient supply this allows a healthy plant growth. Moreover, now the plants build up enough reserves to produce natural antibodies against diseases and pests.
ADA Penac-W
Penac W helps to improve the substrate environment. Penac W should be applied to the very bottom layer of substrate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

bump!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Planted Member

I've never used them and still have had success. But i have seen a couple examples of how they really help

I would look at this thread and it should help you out a lot and give you some examples of tanks without the use of them, and also with

https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=168992

Travis

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 05:30 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)
You do not need any one of those. You can grow very healthy plants in inert substrates as long as you fert the water column. If its expensive, I wouldn't waste my money on it, they will not be the reason why your tank isn't doing well. If you got money to burn, go for it.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 05:57 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)
For my tanks I only use Bacter 100 & Tourmaline BC. You only use a small amount there will be plenty of leftovers. They are only recommended if it is a brand new setup that needs to start building beneficial bacteria. I would save your money and not buy all that ADA stuff. That's just my take.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode