Fluval Stratum with sand?? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
Fluval Stratum with sand??

Ok so I have this 5.5 gallon aquarium with mineralized top soil and a Tahitian moon sand cap, but I want to add some Fluval Shrimp Stratum to lower the pH. My only concern is will they mix?? I'm sure they won't since the sand is heavier and smaller, but I just wanna make sure..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (487/100%)
Sand is heavier than Fluval Stratum and will remain beneath the stratum.

There are much better options to lower pH, so my advice is for you to search the forum to find out how/see which method works best for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Oh OK thank you, I use pure RO water so I don't need to lower it too much

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (487/100%)
If you're using pure RO, are you also using a product to remineralize/reconstitute the water of minerals?

Regardless, do some reading on the forum about pH, hardness and methods to adjust them. Tons of easy and cheap options.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

no...I will try that, thank you (:

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode