Best online source for ADA soil? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)
Best online source for ADA soil?

Hello, I am new to this forum and planted tanks! I kept fancy goldfish in many tanks for a long time but they would eat everything, lol. So I am looking to set up a dwarf puffer tank and after comparing soils, ADA seems to be great for aquascaping and keeping plants.

Anyone know a good, reliable online supplier? I have a couple pages bookmarked but would like to hear from ppl that have actually ordered online. Also, I have a 20 long, would one bag of Amazonia be enough?

Thanks for the help, it is very appreciated as I start this new adventure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Oh also forgot to mention I am seeking a place to get some Ryuoh/Seiryu stones and possibly Mopani driftwood
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 11:07 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)
http://www.adgshop.com/Default.asp

http://www.adana-usa.com/

Those are currently the 2 authorized dealers for ADA products in the US

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thank you very much, I believe those are the sites I have marked.

Does anyone prefer one over the other?

Anyone buy stones from them, I am not quite sure how much to buy? Sorry for all these questions, as I said, I am brand new to the planted tank world and I want to make the best possible home for my new puffers ~thanks!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 11:27 PM
Prodigious Plant Pundit

PTrader: (44/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsNatura View Post
Thank you very much, I believe those are the sites I have marked.

Does anyone prefer one over the other?

Anyone buy stones from them, I am not quite sure how much to buy? Sorry for all these questions, as I said, I am brand new to the planted tank world and I want to make the best possible home for my new puffers ~thanks!
Shipping will be much more expensive to Seattle from ADG, so go with AFA provided they have what you are looking for.

General rule for stone would be 1 lb/gal.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -- Steve Jobs

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (122/100%)
The logical choice for you would be AFA, mainly for two reasons:
- AFA is located in San Francisco, so the product will likely arrive at your door quicker.
- ADG sells 9L bag of amazonia for $47.95/bag (with free shipping), and AFA sells the same product for $30 with approximately $15 shipping (i used a random seattle zipcode to calculate the cost, so your mileage may vary slightly). You'd probably save a few bucks by going with AFA.

Since vendor reviews are not allowed, it is best not to discuss which one is better.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 11:43 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thank you all so much! that has helped me out a lot I will post when I start setting up, though I suspect it is going to be a long process

Oh thank you AzFishKid, I didn't mean to break any rules, I think the information everyone gave was helpful without "reviewing", more tactical :P
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (122/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsNatura View Post
Oh thank you AzFishKid, I didn't mean to break any rules, I think the information everyone gave was helpful without "reviewing", more tactical :P
Oh, you're fine-- don't worry! Just wanted to make sure that this thread doesn't get closed for that reason.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2012, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks

I know this is going to be a dangerous hobby for me, I love keeping tanks. Gonna set up a 2.5g for a feeder snail (for the dps) and shrimp tank. I also just set up a 4g tank that will house a betta. Accidently bought that "mondo grass" that isn't true aquatic - so hoping to replace that with something similar

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode