How much of what???? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (45/100%)
Question How much of what????

Hey everyone, I'm getting ready to scape my new 12 gallon long tank. I'm going to use amazonia as a base substrate and then use something like black flourite (not sand) on top. I was wondering how much of each should I use? I will be pushing most of the substrate towards the rear of the tank. The tank will be heavily planted. I would appreciate your thoughts and ideas!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 01:03 PM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (487/100%)
Any particular reason you plan on using a high-end substrate like ADA Aquasoil Amazonia only to top it with Flourite? There's no need to top it unless you're doing so for some aesthetic reason.

There are a few aquarium calculators online that you could use - like this one - to help determine the amount of substrate you'll need.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
i'd get one 9 litre bag of amazonia and call it a day
u sed1.5 in my 29 gallon and it's fairly deep
so depending on ur depth two 3 litre bags or one 9 litre for extra should work fine. and i agree. unless its for aesthetics leave flourite out. i personally like the look of amazonia. looks even and natural. even if my tank is less than natural lookig being scaped and planted with all sorts of plants

Sump Pimp #7

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (45/100%)
I already have some left over amazonia and yes I'm planning on this one more for aesthetics. This is why I was wondering if I should mix 50/50 or more like 75% amazonia and 25% flourite. Thanks.for the calc link.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode