AquariumPlants.com's own: Freshwater Planted Aquarium Substrate - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 04:13 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
AquariumPlants.com's own: Freshwater Planted Aquarium Substrate

I am just curious to see if anyone has tried this substrate out and if it is any good? It seems like a good deal but I am always hesitant about buying things off the internet, old fashion I guess.

Thanks for the feedback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 04:24 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
im using it in my tank and seems pretty good, i use there root tabs also but my tank is totally rooted plants no stems and wanted the most growth out of my plants i can get.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 04:45 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
I got them too, its pretty nice I got the black one seem to raise my gh 2-3 though.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012, 05:29 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
My tank is full of Flourite and that's exactly what their substrate is, a baked clay. I like it and have seen some beautiful planted tanks using it, in paticular I like the dark brown color and they are way cheaper than Seachem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Thanks for the info guys, I have about 3 gallons left out of a 5 gallon bucket from the first time I was going to attempt a planted aquarium. Life happened and I had to break down my tank at the time wasting the other 2 gallons of it. I will definitely give it another run with this stuff, no use letting it go to waste.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode