Eco Complete with root tabs - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 06:43 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Gooberfish
Eco Complete with root tabs

I'm considering putting root tabs under my plants. But my substrate is eco complete would that be overkill? I've had it in my tank for about a month now. Too soon?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 07:13 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (23/100%)
Eco complete doesn't have the necessary nutrients for plants to grow. It just has a high CEC rate which means it can hold onto nutrients real well in order for the plant to use them. You still need to add fertilizers and root tabs is a simple way to do that. Depending on your setup you may be in need or fertilizers for your water column as well. I am pretty new to eco complete, but I think my info is correct. Providing more information about your setup will also help to ensure you get the best solutions to your questions. If you have plants, then it is never too early to get them some nutrients.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Gooberfish
10g

4wpg CFL bulbs 9hours a day
DIY CO2
Aqueon 10 HOB filter + aquaponic fountain pump cycles 6 times a day for 30 min
eco complete substrate
Flora: Water Wisteria, Hornwort, Dwarf Sag, DHG, Anacharis, Anubias Barteri, Rotala Singapore, Rotala Indica, Blyxa Japonica, Christmas Moss wall, cryptocoryne wendtii 'tropica'
Fauna: 3 goldfish.

I'm thinking cut 1 tab in half, one on right side of the tank, one on the left?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Pelvicachromis Lover!

PTrader: (34/100%)
There's more than one brand of tab, each of which has instructions on how far apart to space them.

I generally either put the tab under the specific group of plants I'm wanting to feed (such as under a red tiger lotus) or space them out as directed if I'm wanting overall feeding. Replace the tabs as directed by the instructions.

Vicki Rena Filstar pimp #142 (four XP4s/three XP2s/one XP1) Eheim pimp #301 (Pro II 2128) Victor pimp #27 (VTS-253B-320)

90g -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pelvicachromis taeniatus 'Moliwe' 75g -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pelvicachromis pulcher 'Lagos Red'

29g -
Pelvicachromis pulcher 'unknown' -- 29g - Pelvicachromis taeniatus 'Moliwe'
5g - RCS colony 2.5g -
Retired

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode