Eco-Complete and African Dwarf Frogs - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Eco-Complete and African Dwarf Frogs

Hello-
Does anyone here have experience in using Eco-Complete in an ADF tank?
I want to buy a bag of Eco to use as a substrate for Marimo to grow as a flooring in my frog tank but I am leary.
Some say the pebbles in Eco are small enough a dwarf could mistake it for food and choke. Others question the chemical release of Eco-Complete which could be fatal to a dwarf.

All I know is even though a product may say "safe for fish" or "safe for vertebrates" does not necessarily mean it's safe for African Dwarf Frogs.

Have you used Eco-Complete with African Dwarf Frogs? If so for how long?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 02:35 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Send a message via AIM to VeeSe Send a message via MSN to VeeSe
What chemical release? Eco-complete is pretty much inert, as in there's nothing in it, unless you are talking about some of the beneficial bacteria stuff that they try to pack in the bag... don't believe that will hurt the frog. Can't speak to the sizing issue.

-VeeSe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 03:08 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Use it in my dwarf frog tank and no problems with them or it. My 2 are going on a year now.

20g platy, , 2 x 10g shrimp, 3 x 20g shrimp, 7.5g shrimp and 1 great dane/mastiff puppy.

Sump Pimp #2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Thank you so very much GeToChKn! I can get excited about this now. Just what I needed, someone who has actually used Eco-Complete with Dwarfs, and long term.

VeeSe - the person said "nutrients" then I remembered it as chemicals http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/r...php/product/12 John P.
Then over at flippersnfins.yuku.com when I did a search eco complete + adf many remarks were made not to use this product. My sense was the advice was being given by people who had not used the product or even seen the bag for themselves which led me to ask here.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode