ADA amazonian I or II? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Nerd Alert.

PTrader: (74/100%)
ADA amazonian I or II?

In the process of planning my 40g breeder (brand new idea...I should see if I can get a 50g...because its taller ) I want to know what the difference is between ADA amazonian I and II. Thanks!

Which one should I choose? What is the difference? Which is better for plants? Which is easier? Which would you choose?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)
AS1 for SURE. but check out the new as improved.

I've had as2, its ok for hard water, then it crumbles and turns to dust and loses all nutrients after 6-7 months.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (122/100%)
I've had both AS 1 and 2, and 1 is by far superior. AS 2 was very, very dusty and it crumbled much more easily. So I'll cast my vote for AS 1.

However, they just came out with a new and improved AS 2, so I'm curious to see how that compares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
Nerd Alert.

I think I might get the "improved" kind. Give kind of a review on it since no body has really tried it.

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (15/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzFishKid View Post
I've had both AS 1 and 2, and 1 is by far superior. AS 2 was very, very dusty and it crumbled much more easily. So I'll cast my vote for AS 1.

However, they just came out with a new and improved AS 2, so I'm curious to see how that compares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1. I'm curious myself about it.

FILSTAR XP3 PIMP #166
EHEIM 2213 PIMP #441

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 04:01 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (15/100%)
Anyone else have a verdict on this? I purchased a 9l bag of ASII and it crumbles very easily once it sits in water after about a month. Some reviews I read were that If the bag was mishandled or had alot of moving around it could contribute to the terrible state that it eventually becomes. I have two tanks suffering from this "damaged" bag and it is frustrating because it just looks horrible.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 04:09 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
AS I : more acid, more fertile, makes yellowish water in first 2-3 months because they contained more peat.
AS II : didn't cause yellow water, but sometimes initially makes cloudy/milky water

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
Nerd Alert.

I think I am going with the improved kind. However I am going to san fransisco so I might pick up a bag there. If I dont, I will just order from ADG.

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode