As for your tank, I kind of have a lot of questions haha
1. Can I see a picture?
Pick from the end.
Pick of 1/2 front.
2. How long has it been set up?
Two years but changed out substrate 6 weeks ago. (6 weeks/same plants)
3. What exactly do you dose if you dose at all?
Macro & micros, CO2, 120PAR
Water column to never exceed 30ppm NO3 and .3ppm Fe
4. What has been this specific tanks experience with algae?
Substrate change from capped soil to BDBS horrible algae outbreak. (6 weeks ago)
Pearling Algae pic.
Fully recovered now.
5. How often do you do water changes?
14-18% weekly in 80G tank.
6. Do you gravel vac?
Yes if I uproot a large area of plants.
7. Type of gravel?
None, coal slag Black diamond blasting sand.
8. Height of gravel?
9. When did Nitrates start reading 0?
Never, I don't let it drop that low.
Past 12 weeks I've logged all dosing in the tank.
Daily consumption measurements to the best of my ability.
3.5ppm NO3 per day and .015 Fe per day.
This varies a bit from week to week but this is the maximum detected uptake.
10. I added this one, Phish Load.
Includes 8 harlequin rasboras, 12 panda(small) Cory's, 2 flame tetras in an 80G.
My only Journal here is of this tank.