Making do - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Making do

I have been out of the hobby a short while (1950-60) and at my age, I am no longer the sharpest tack in the box.-

Some of my stuff is starting to arrive (all in the wrong order) so I am improvising. Plants are in a clear plastic storage drawer with small light and power head with a large sponge on intake. Ammonia hit 8.0 and I did a 90% water change. My additives are on their way.

Anyway, I will be getting my 60 gallon tank in a few days and I need some substrate but don't want to spend $120.00 plus tax. Now I have 40pds of CaribSea Eco-Complete Planted Aquarium Substrate on the way but I need to finish the rest out with something more reasonably priced. I thought a combination of possibly clay kitty litter and the whole thing capped with a really course sand==real course.

What I need is brands and where to purchase. The more research I do, the more confused I get. I have to rely on others for transportation and that doesn't help.
Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode