ADA Amazonia finally cycling - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
ADA Amazonia finally cycling

After 8 long weeks and a couple dozen water changes, my tank is nearly cycled. I used TSS+ but didn’t really see any movement for more than a week.

I had read in several places that bb doesn’t do well in lower ph ranges, and mine was approximately 6.0-6.2

I brought the ph up to about 7.0 using baking soda, hoping to give the bacteria a kick start. Ammonia has gone down steadily over the past few days, from about 2ppm to .25ppm. Ph is at 6.8 and holding. I have a couple questions:

Have I totally exhausted the buffering capacity of the Amazonia by using baking soda?

I’m planning on doing a complete water change to bring down the ph again, as I plan to make this a Taiwan bee tank. Will doing so harm the colony of bacteria if I don’t take too long to fill the tank again?

Thanks for your time.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode