Fluval Stratum as substrate covered with volcanic sand? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Fluval Stratum as substrate covered with volcanic sand?

Hi guys a few years ago I had a tank with Fluval Stratum as the only substrate but unfortunately that substrate is too expensive to be used as the only substrate in a middle size tank (75 gallons) and also I had problems with plants that were hard to get into the substrate (they floated).

Then I had a second tank (30 gallons) with home made substrate + volcanic sand but unfortunately I didn't like it because I had to clean my canister very often.

So I would like to know if using the fluval as substrate and covering it with volcanic sand will be possible / better.

Planted Tank 30 Gallons
Ecotech Radion XR15FW
GLA PPS-PRO

Tags
fluval stratum, sand, substrate, volcanic sand

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode