Innovative Marine Fusion 20 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Innovative Marine Fusion 20

After mulling the idea over for some time, I believe I'm close to pulling the trigger on getting an IM Fusion 20 and turning it into a freshwater system. Although intended for saltwater, I believe I can leverage the equipment to be just as good for freshwater. I intend on putting in two inTank media baskets, filling them with filter floss and ChemiPure Green. Lighting will most likely be an Aquaillumination Prime HD Freshwater (unless I find a better alternative with better coverage). I plan to do lower need plants, as I want to make the system simply, yet elegant, so I'd ideally like to get plants that don't need CO2 supplements. I plan to fertilize and use a high-quality substrate to provide additional nutrients needed.

On that topic, I do need to pick a substrate. In the past, I've always used Seachem Flourish, but I'd be curious what others have used and what would be a good substrate to use in this setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-01-2018, 03:53 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hey Zak,,

I too will be purchasing this tank and headed in the same direction. The dimensions of this tank make it a great candidate for where I want to place it. I'm still in my planning phase. I'm undecided on my substrate also. I've only used CaribSea Eco-Complete and had a good out come on both tanks (55 Angel and 10 Gallon Shrimp tank). However that was 3yrs ago and I'm getting back into the hobby with my little one.

I'm interested in trying ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia or , but seems pricey for the size you get. There is also Caribsea Flora-Max Sand, but never used those.

Also putting together a list of plants. Since the tank is only 13 inches high, I'm sure a lot of trimming with some taller growers will be needed.

Where will you be purchasing your tank?

Subscribed to follow along on your setup.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode